Sign in to follow this  
a3ifs40

new computer

I know a lot about f**king coumpters. The coumpter is blazing fast. I have the settings in flight simulator very high. Please stop saying it is slow since it is not slow.
Ahhh ok sorry, never realised you had a 'Coumpter' been trying to get my hands on one of those for while... ;) Dude just relax no one cares anyway, and it sounds like your about to make yourself ill...... :rolleyes:Ian, overclockers is a good place to start if you are based in the UK http://www.overclockers.co.uk/

Rob Prest

Hi John and Ryan Ok thanks so much for you advice. I will start putting it together in july.should be a fun if I don't zap myselfthanks againIan Snow

Ahhh ok sorry, never realised you had a 'Coumpter' been trying to get my hands on one of those for while... ;) Dude just relax no one cares anyway, and it sounds like your about to make yourself ill...... :rolleyes:Ian, overclockers is a good place to start if you are based in the UK http://www.overclockers.co.uk/
I will not overclock my computer it will wreck the processorif it is not cooled well enought. I am located in the US.

I will not overclock my computer it will wreck the processorif it is not cooled well enought. I am located in the US.
I was talking to Ian Snow......

Rob Prest

Of course. That's why you use an aftermarket cooler.

Of course. That's why you use an aftermarket cooler.
OEM computers can't be overclocked at all. That's probably the main reason to stay away from Dell, HP, etc... (for FSX anyway)Usually overpriced, and with crappy PSU's that wont even allow a simple GPU upgrade.

Right. I was just pointing out that there is no reason to fear overclocking as long as you have a good cooler.

Yes, overclocking in the US wrecks processors, the only place where it works is the South Pole. :(

O sorry
Sorry to hijack this thread - but Ian, I am after buying myself a nice new, but slow computer and heard rumours that you have a slow one. Grateful if you could give me some advice? I find mine is just too fast.Many thanks.

Rob Bates
Simming since the age of 10 with MSFS 5.0

P3D v5.0 | 10700K (@stock) | EVGA GTX1080Ti SC2 | Z490-E ROG STRIX | 32GB 3600MHz | 970 EVO Plus M.2 & EVO 850 SSDs | H115i cooling | NZXT H440 Case | Samsung 32" CJG 1440p Curved Monitor | Virtual-Fly Ruddo & TQ3+ | Thrustmaster FCS Sidestick | Skalarki MCDU

Ask me about (my most flown): FSLabs A320-X series | MaddogX
In the hangar: Majestic Q400 Pro | PMDG 747 | A2A C182, Cherokee, Comanche & Spitfire

Sorry to hijack this thread - but Ian, I am after buying myself a nice new, but slow computer and heard rumours that you have a slow one. Grateful if you could give me some advice? I find mine is just too fast.Many thanks.
if we were having this converstation in real life you would be on your wat to the hospital. My computer is fast.

if we were having this converstation in real life you would be on your wat to the hospital. My computer is fast.
Keyboard warriors unite! Honestly, I think you need to growup a little with regards to your attitude and the way you post around these forums. You seem to be adamant that your computer is fast, contrary to what many people in the know have said. By today's standards your computer is slow, and the performance you get in fsx is not comparable to the latest hardware out there, and we don't need to see your computer in action to know that is slow, we can see that from the specs you posted. Perhaps saying your computer is "blazing fast" is a bit of wishful thinking eh?

Keyboard warriors unite! Honestly, I think you need to growup a little with regards to your attitude and the way you post around these forums. You seem to be adamant that your computer is fast, contrary to what many people in the know have said. By today's standards your computer is slow, and the performance you get in fsx is not comparable to the latest hardware out there, and we don't need to see your computer in action to know that is slow, we can see that from the specs you posted. Perhaps saying your computer is "blazing fast" is a bit of wishful thinking eh?
It is fast the computer is only 6 month old.

It is fast the computer is only 6 month old.
And in those six months hardware has moved on a lot. Ok, "fast" can be a subjective term and for you it may be fine. But being fast enough for you does not mean it is fast for someone else. It also depends on what context were using it in, yes it will be fast for browsing the web, watching hd videos and things like that. But looking at the performance in fsx (and any other game) with high settings and fancy scenery and comparing It to the latest hardware out there...it is slow. That is a fact and can easily be seen by benchmarks on the popular tech sites. However, if it's fast enough for you then that's not a problem. As long as fsx performs how you want and you get enjoyment from it. That's what it's all about right? :)

And in those six months hardware has moved on a lot. Ok, "fast" can be a subjective term and for you it may be fine. But being fast enough for you does not mean it is fast for someone else. It also depends on what context were using it in, yes it will be fast for browsing the web, watching hd videos and things like that. But looking at the performance in fsx (and any other game) with high settings and fancy scenery and comparing It to the latest hardware out there...it is slow. That is a fact and can easily be seen by benchmarks on the popular tech sites. However, if it's fast enough for you then that's not a problem. As long as fsx performs how you want and you get enjoyment from it. That's what it's all about right? :)
FSX preforms very well at high settings and I also have Black ops call of duty and that runs fine to.