Sign in to follow this  
mcbellette

Visual references of weight in NGX

Hi guysJust wondering about something with regard to how different weight loadings appear in the NGX. For example, if the NGX is loaded with just 30% fuel and zero passengers and zero cargo, will the gear suspension not compress very much and therefore show the aircraft sitting higher from the ground than when the NGX is loaded to its maximum takeoff weight (nearly full fuel, pax, cargo) where the suspension would be compressed more by the weight and show the aircraft sitting lower to the ground? Not a big thing with me, just a curious thing I thought of given that you guys have gone to some extreme lengths in your efforts to make the NGX as realistic as possible. I do know that the suspension shows visual bouncing effects when landing and stretching of the gear legs when lifting off, so that is not my question here.

I want to say they have done this at least with the MD-11. Since it's such a large aircraft it is difficult to tell and to be honest I never really looked. However, whenever I start a flight, I always start with about 7 tonnes of fuel on board and use the refueling option. From the inside, I do notice the MD11 is lower when fueling is complete. It would probably be much easier to see with something smaller like the NGX.

Cool. I've never bothered to look in the real world either, but it would be cool and a clear indication of just how good the guys at PMDG are at what they do. I'm suprised Boeing didn't really buy PMDG!!!

I would wager as to having seen this in the Queen as well. I would pause with the default load, then load up to my flight weight. WhenI resume I belive I can see a tiny dip in height.

Eric Vander

Pilot and Controller Boston Virtual ATC

KATL - The plural form of cow.

KORD - Something you put in a power socket.

UNIT - Something of measure

My 747 Fuel Calculator

I would wager as to having seen this in the Queen as well. I would pause with the default load, then load up to my flight weight. WhenI resume I belive I can see a tiny dip in height.
I am pretty sure it is something built into FS as default, all aircraft do it.RegardsRob

Rob Prest

I'll share something my psychiatrist warned me not to ;). On the preflight walkaround (Active Camera/Walk & Follow) the strut compression on the Fat Girl is significantly different between Cardiff & Hong-Kong departures. I would imagine it's at least as accurate in the NGX. Without a BA livery however, my myopia will prevent any assessment. LOL!

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper