Sign in to follow this  
Ben Cap

Real Flight 737 ATL-LAS

Rude, unfriendly comments? I'm not making rude comments.. All i'm "spewing" is my opinion, which isn't rude at all. Simply a statement, not meant to be picked up as rude. Alex Vanover
Whether you meant it to be rude or not, it was pretty rude...

Guest dva5656
Whether you meant it to be rude or not, it was pretty rude...
Don't see how, but my apologies if it some how offended you. rolleyes.gifAlex Vanover

Don't see how, but my apologies if it some how offended you. rolleyes.gifAlex Vanover
I would appreciate it that you not make anymore posts regarding this matter unless it is constructive to this conversation about aviation. :(

I was having an interesting time just reading this, but Im gonna toss in my two cents.As a (unfortunalty non-flying) employee of FDX, last month I was able to sit in on the whole preflight of tail 375 (MD10). When I talked to the crew about my simulator experience and my RW flying experience, these two very nice pilot's went out of there way to show me things. I had a problem with the concept of "dial a flap", having primarily flown Boeing systems in simulators. Upon explaining this to the crew, both pilot's talked about the gates (on the flaps controls) and made me see how much the simulator and RL can be different. Further in the preflight, they showed me ACARS ops, they showed me this tablet PC looking thing that contained EWR's relevant departure information and they had the take off briefing for EWR 22L where the captain mentioned "...this departure has a lot of things going on pretty fast, so I need you to make sure you're watching me" to the FO. There is obviously more to it, but I did want to show that there are, (1) friendly pilot's and (2) you CAN get in on the pre flight.When we landed, I told the FO about PMDG and he said he would check it out as he wanted his children to see what it's like.I miss the days when we could ride in the cockpit...

"I am the Master of the Fist!" -Akuma

I was having an interesting time just reading this, but Im gonna toss in my two cents.As a (unfortunalty non-flying) employee of FDX, last month I was able to sit in on the whole preflight of tail 375 (MD10). When I talked to the crew about my simulator experience and my RW flying experience, these two very nice pilot's went out of there way to show me things. I had a problem with the concept of "dial a flap", having primarily flown Boeing systems in simulators. Upon explaining this to the crew, both pilot's talked about the gates (on the flaps controls) and made me see how much the simulator and RL can be different. Further in the preflight, they showed me ACARS ops, they showed me this tablet PC looking thing that contained EWR's relevant departure information and they had the take off briefing for EWR 22L where the captain mentioned "...this departure has a lot of things going on pretty fast, so I need you to make sure you're watching me" to the FO. There is obviously more to it, but I did want to show that there are, (1) friendly pilot's and (2) you CAN get in on the pre flight.When we landed, I told the FO about PMDG and he said he would check it out as he wanted his children to see what it's like.I miss the days when we could ride in the cockpit...
Maybe it'll come back for you soon. We (Air Traffic Controllers) are on the cusp of it coming back. Sadly, it's been delayed until at least August...it's been pushed back a couple of times already...but patience is a virtue that I was taught at a young age!! Maybe once we get the opportunity to ride up front, it will open the door for others back up. (probably not, but we can always hope hehe)

It would be nice if they opened it up to all pilots. If the FAA can trust you with a Cessna, I'd hope they can trust you to sit in an airliner cockpit.[/daydream]

Joe Sherrill