Sign in to follow this  
MS_FLIGHT

Webisod 4 Pic Collection

4 years in the making would have been for FS11, did you read somethiing about that somewhere from MS lately or did you see something remotely looking like FS11 in the webisode.
within months of disbanding ACES they had job advertisements for work on a "flying game". That was about over 3 1/2 years ago.

How about MS writing a new engine but using chunks of code from FSX where they can to save time? Like a frankenengine.
Which is precisely what MS said that they were doing in part 2 of their developer's diary in PC Pilot (page 34).

Give people power to really test their personality.

Which is precisely what MS said that they were doing in part 2 of their developer's diary in PC Pilot (page 34).
That is the most logical scenerio

Huh? Well that is a convenient way of trying to save face in case you are wrong!! With that statement you could never be wrong!
I was talking about fixing FSX, starting from scratch fixing what's wrong with it.It's not about been wrong, give me a new engine with multi-core + hyperthreading + SLI + PhysX + DX11 and I'll be the first one to be happy about been wrong.I promissed myself not to talk about this again and enjoy fishing....

Guys,This version of FS (yeah, they may call it Flight, but its still just FS to me :-> ) will be just like every other version of FS:

• There will be some new features/modules/subsystems
  • Some existing subsystems will be rewritten/greatly enhanced/etc
  • Some existing subsystems will have code tweaks (speedups, bug fixes) and minor enhancements
  • Some existing subsystems will be almost exactly the same (think Weather system, the system nobody wants to touch because they will then own it :-> )

You guys seem to thing there's some single "FS Engine" inside the codebase (ie that would be the entire program :-> ). There are whole bunches of subsystem engines (graphics pipeline, terrain system, autogen system, weather system, Aero modeling system, etc), they don't necessarliy all need to be rewritten for every release in order for there to be performance gains, enhanced graphics, etc in each new release :->Tim

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.