Sign in to follow this  
Chrjs

g3d.dll

1. The problem exists since 2001(!)
Ottoi am quite sure, today no one has any problems left with any FS platform from 2001 Big%20Grin.gif
2. There is no "single point of failure" and so there is no solution!
That sounds like: "there is no solution, cause the error must not be based on tweaks you like to use." Thinking.gifI often read, simmers aren't willing to lower their LOD radius to normal settings, so the have to live with the consequences at those spots which are known asproblematic
Some people thought they found a solution, and it might have worked for them but not for others.
I guarantee, my solution is surely not adressed to the guys who solved their own G3D events totally meanwhile, it's for those who are still searching and willing to compromise.
Some people had problems in certain areas, where others didn't.
This "others" are using other settings, aircrafts sceneries, maybe no tweaks, have trustworthy stable CPU clockings, and maybe SP2 instead of acceleration-pack. I am not interested in discussing this very long. This post is an invitation for willing simmers to get their G3D errors totally solved. I am sure there are pilots waiting for Godot, too.
As Ryan said, the problem occurs when a certain combination of 999 variables (out of hardware, OS, drivers, addons, date, time and weather ... :( ) apply. So, don't waste your time to chase something you never can catch. I know, it's annoying to get a CTD at the end of a 3 hour flight, but sh.. happens.
This sh.. happens not even on a 12 h flight if you use FS within its specification. If you think the proper working on my machine with any installation is an aberrance, i would sell you my "special" computer for 10.000 bucks. Big%20Grin.gifThe 999 given variables doesn't exclude errros by tweaking, this is no good point, sorry.

Well, it's always the same. I tested the whole day with numerous configurations and - of course - couldn't recreate a g3d.dll-ctd... I used the exact flight conditions to my last ctd and step by step added complexity (first ftx, autogen, ATC, TRaffic) and let it run for about 30 minutes - I even used extreme dense autogen in the area of KBFI but no "luck" (usually there was always a ctd even with dense autogen) - eventually I got a ctd but it was some "PMDG_MD-11.dll" error.... I think there is just no way to really find an ultimate solution to this error. I give up for now, but I'm sure next time I do a usual turn the problem reemerges...regards,christpher volle

Regards,
Chris Volle

i7700k @ 4,7, 32gb ram, Win10, MSI GTX1070.

Ottoi am quite sure, today no one has any problems left with any FS platform from 2001 Big%20Grin.gif That sounds like: "there is no solution, cause the error must not be based on tweaks you like to use." Thinking.gifI often read, simmers aren't willing to lower their LOD radius to normal settings, so the have to live with the consequences at those spots which are known asproblematicI guarantee, my solution is surely not adressed to the guys who solved their own G3D events totally meanwhile, it's for those who are still searching and willing to compromise.This "others" are using other settings, aircrafts sceneries, maybe no tweaks, have trustworthy stable CPU clockings, and maybe SP2 instead of acceleration-pack. I am not interested in discussing this very long. This post is an invitation for willing simmers to get their G3D errors totally solved. I am sure there are pilots waiting for Godot, too.This sh.. happens not even on a 12 h flight if you use FS within its specification. If you think the proper working on my machine with any installation is an aberrance, i would sell you my "special" computer for 10.000 bucks. Big%20Grin.gifThe 999 given variables doesn't exclude errros by tweaking, this is no good point, sorry.
Paul,my answer wasn't adressed directly to you. :( You're right, that tweaking is always risky. That's why I skipped all those "Tuning" Tools (including Bojote's one), and therefore I have very rarely these CTDs (and I even can't reproduce them).Especially you're point about LOD settings is interessting. In another forum this was discussed because some guys had problems with LOD 8.5 in a certain area with a certain scenery. So others tried this too but only some of them got a CTD. At the end it turned out that it was a combination between to high settings for LOD and/or water settings. When they got back to LOD 4.5 and Water Mid 1.x for all of them evertything was fine. A developer in this forum explained it like this:"Water settings have a huge impact on what's happening in the g3d.dll. With high water settings to display refections correctly the code has to be run multiple times per frame. And if there is other heavy load (like loading a very detailed sceenry at the same moment) the chance to get this error is very high."So maybe another piece in the puzzle.

Well, it's always the same. I tested the whole day with numerous configurations and - of course - couldn't recreate a g3d.dll-ctd... I used the exact flight conditions to my last ctd and step by step added complexity (first ftx, autogen, ATC, TRaffic) and let it run for about 30 minutes - I even used extreme dense autogen in the area of KBFI but no "luck" (usually there was always a ctd even with dense autogen) - eventually I got a ctd but it was some "PMDG_MD-11.dll" error.... I think there is just no way to really find an ultimate solution to this error. I give up for now, but I'm sure next time I do a usual turn the problem reemerges...regards,christpher volle
If youre getting CTDs from a whole series of DLLs im guessing that your overclock is not stable enough for FSX (yes, it can be 100% prime95 stable and still not be stable in FSX). Ramp up the voltage a few clicks

no,no, this was an error I haven't seen before. And I would say that using max Autogen + max traffic + stormy weather in an area around KBFI/KSEA with FTX enabled will defeat pretty much any system even nowadays :( .regards,christopher volle

If youre getting CTDs from a whole series of DLLs im guessing that your overclock is not stable enough for FSX (yes, it can be 100% prime95 stable and still not be stable in FSX). Ramp up the voltage a few clicks

Regards,
Chris Volle

i7700k @ 4,7, 32gb ram, Win10, MSI GTX1070.