Sign in to follow this  
Barbs

Engine shutdown after takeoff

Hi,On a couple of my flights I have experienced a dual engine shutdown (caused by the engine start levers miraculously returning to cutoff).I usually fly on VATSIM and make a departure call about the time this happens so it may be getting trigger by something I say in my departure call (as my soft mute doesn't always work but that's another issue). Is it even possible the FO would touch the engine start levers? Normally this is a captain only domain.Anyway, thought I'd give you guys a try to see if there's something that could be causing this.Also is there a way to setup the soft mute from within the sim?Thanks

Hi,On a couple of my flights I have experienced a dual engine shutdown (caused by the engine start levers miraculously returning to cutoff).I usually fly on VATSIM and make a departure call about the time this happens so it may be getting trigger by something I say in my departure call (as my soft mute doesn't always work but that's another issue). Is it even possible the FO would touch the engine start levers? Normally this is a captain only domain.Anyway, thought I'd give you guys a try to see if there's something that could be causing this.Also is there a way to setup the soft mute from within the sim?Thanks
Hi,The FS2Crew FO doesn't touch the fuel levers at all. That's purely the Capt's area.My only guess:Check if you have any key assignments assigned to the fuel levers. FS2Crew doesn't use keypresses (don't need to, we have an SDK so the integration is direct), but you may be somehow triggering the the switch movement via a key assignment.Best,

Hi Brian,Ok I thought as such. I'll keep an eye out and see if I can nail down to something else.