Sign in to follow this  
Guest SlimDady

Attn: Radeon Owners

Guest nutmeat

ATI just posted the release of the Cat 9.10 drivers. I'm downloading (22mByte) now so don't know anything about them or what improvements have been made. The betas have been out for quite awhile now so, hopefully, there should be some improvements???Larry S.

Uhm did someone just beam me back one year in time? I thought the latest Catalyst was version 3.9? It would then be logical to assume that the next release would be called Catalyst 4...?

Asus Prime X370 Pro / Ryzen 7 3800X / 32 GB DDR4 3600 MHz / Gainward Ghost RTX 3060 Ti
MSFS / XP

Guest nutmeat

Right you are on 3.10. Looks like many of the fixes affect using a TV as a monitor. Funny thing...way back in the early days of micros, when we built our own, using a TV was the only real option for a monitor as the then RS232 Monitors were very expensive (over $1000 then). :-) Anyway, I've installed them and they work at least as well as the previous in FS9.Cheers,Larry S.

Guest Milamber

Your right...The last version was 3.9...What's up with a new version being 3.10???They must not actually be numbering in correct decimal fasion....IE in decimal format the drivers are read as 3 and 9 tenths and the newer one as 3 and 1 tenth which doesn't make sense...But they obvious are meant to be read as 3 point 9 and then 3 point 10. Hate it when they do that :)

Guest SoarPics

The 3.10's are the final CAT version to be released in 2003. The 4.x series should begin after the first of the new year.Ain't much logic behind this naming convention at this time, but it is what it is. :-hmmm

From what I understand the naming convention for the drivers is not mathematical but rather sequential. 3.10 (3-10) means the 10th release of the 200"3" driver. If its the final for that series then the next series starts @4.1 meaning the first release for the year 200"4"Makes any sense?:-hmmm Bill

Guest SlimDady

well the last drivers were 9, so the next are 10?thats how i would see it i guess, the old ones should have been labled 3.09

Actually they perform better than the 3.9s; +150 Aquamark3 marks, seem very smooth based on one flight only. May well be a keeper.Ed Green

Guest khalpay

Hii FriendsAny known performance issues of 3.10 for PSS Airbus ?Rgdshasan

Guest product

So you're seeing better performance in testing? Any improvement in FPS while in FS aside from that benchmark, or changes to visual quality that you can perceive? I'm really happy with the last ones, am always hesitant to update unless I know of an improvement or benefit from doing so...Best,Joel

Well, they fixed the problem with the computer freezing when playing Call of Duty. That is reason enough for me to update! That Stalingrad campaign sure is awesome! :)/Krister

Krister Lindén
EFMA, Finland
------------------

Guest PhilC

I had to roll back to the 3.9's with my 9700 Pro card. Had major stutters and there appeared to be some kind of memory leak. I started getting low memory messages which I have never had before.To be fair, I had also installed the FSUIPC update to 3.135 so I need to do a little more testing.

Admittedly it's a small thing, but I've noticed that the fix they implemented to stop the screen flashing when using menus in full-screen mode has been optimized further. For me, using the 3.9 Cats and pressing "alt" when in fullscreen 3D caused a momentary hesitation and then the activation of the menus. In the 3.10 release it works without hesitation, much like it always did in FS2002. Like I said, it's small but might point to a larger optimization at work once we've had a chance to get a feel for frame rates with this new driver. No adverse effects from running these yet for me.