Sign in to follow this  
the_nanard

irs alignement

it make a very long time that i haven't flown the 737 and i don't remember if there is a way to have a count down on a screen to know the alignement time for the irs. I haven't seen it on the cockpit video (superb video)!

10 minutes on the NAV display I think.

Kenny Lee
"Keep climbing"
pmdg_trijet.jpg

10 minutes on the NAV display I think.
unless you are in the polar regions and then alignment takes longer - yes that is modelled in the NGX too :)JR

- Jane Whittaker

Is it then possible to mess up the alignment? Like if I move the aircraft during the alignment process, will the alignment fail and the appropriate fail code display?

Scott Kalin VATSIM #1125397 - KPSP Palm Springs International Airport
Space Shuttle (SSMS2007) http://www.space-shu....com/index.html
Orbiter 2010P1 http://orbit.medphys.ucl.ac.uk/

Is it then possible to mess up the alignment? Like if I move the aircraft during the alignment process, will the alignment fail and the appropriate fail code display?
Hi Scott,yes and yes :)all the bestJR

- Jane Whittaker

unless you are in the polar regions and then alignment takes longer - yes that is modelled in the NGX too :)JR
Is there perhaps also a shourtcut ? Let's say a quicker way ? I know that's not real but sometimes it can be boring chatting with hostesses about nails new colors waiting for the IRS to become ready.Mark Fosseth

The AoA video, the cockpit one, did show the IRS screen in the FMS and it did show the different settings on the alignment time. One of which is instant.
Scott, that is absolutely correct,all the bestJR

- Jane Whittaker

Is there perhaps also a shourtcut ? Let's say a quicker way ? I know that's not real but sometimes it can be boring chatting with hostesses about nails new colors waiting for the IRS to become ready.Mark Fosseth
I wish we could chat up FA but in the real world thats not the case...sometimes there is not enough time to get ready for a flight so the 10 min waiting for the IRU's to align is spent preping the rest of the aircfaft for flight.

I wish we could chat up FA but in the real world thats not the case...sometimes there is not enough time to get ready for a flight so the 10 min waiting for the IRU's to align is spent preping the rest of the aircfaft for flight.
I know that mate,you are right.I am also under the impression that Companies push crew with arguable requests like taxing with one engine only or worst perform some FMC tweaking to match the flight plan even if the reserve fuel quantity is not the " most appropriate " for a specific leg.Told that I am proud to chat with a real liner, I thank you for that. cheers

I know how the IRS system etc. works, but i'm not sure what IRS exactly means? Could you tell me what IRS stands for?Much appreciated, thanks in advance!