Sign in to follow this  
Buffaloron

Using Cougar MCP as CDU with PMDG 747-400

Hello; I presently have MS FSX, PMDG 747-400, Cougar MFD panels (2ea) and Saitek Radio, Multi Panel, Flight Switch panel, throttles, yokes, pedal and more (just trying to provide as much info as I can) I have managed to get one of the MFD panels programmed to open up the GPS in MS FSX and it works great and all I had to do was set the button assignments in FSX to accomplish this. Now I am trying to use the other panel to open up the CDU and USe the buttons on each side as LS1-6L and LS1-6R along with the paging functons I have tried using a registered copy FSUIPC and a variety of other utilities but I cannot get FSX or the PMDG 747 to accet the buttons as input. If I use the keyboard to open the CDU I would press tab,v (Views), I (instuments), and scroll down to the CDU, once I click the CDU it would open and then I would select the specific pages I want to go to (Index) RTE 1, etc, I would also like to emulate the key on the CDU using the remaining buttons the the MFP Purchasing a CDU is not an option right now as I have not really read any good reviews on the CDU or CDU11 and the other option is really out of my small budget price range. I fully realize I am asking a lot from a $59 piece of hardware but that is what I have and until I can move on to better things. So I ask can this be done ??If so what am I missing ?Is this a problem with the PMDG 747 interface is that why I can't capture the keys ?Or AM I just barking up the wrong tree ? Thank for being patient in reading this and Thanks in advance for any help you may provide. Meanwhile I am contuing to search the forums here to see if anyone else has tried anything close to this Ron