Sign in to follow this  
MDChase

Whats more important?

I'm starting Naval Flight School in two weeks but the NGX is coming out concurrently (keep in mind I've been waiting for this for most of my Academy career while I was waiting to find out if I would be selected for Aviation)? -Matt Chase

Go for both, learn the NGX with FSX and get a jump on flying the Navy's C-40. Not as glamorous as and F/A-18 or anything, but trust me C-40 crews are much appreciated.Money Eyes.gif

Umm.... Is that really a hard decision? Screw the carreer!!! Live at home with mom and dad and fly the NGX!!!!!! It's a no brainer. Caveat. I do not endorse this less than responsable reply to your post or my poor spelling and grammer via the keyboard. A carreer should allways take center stage in youre life. Letting a 70$ program decide youre future is.......... well.......... need I go on?

Haha, thanks for the advice guys, CaptScotty, I'm actually going to be a Coast Guard Aviator (Graduated from the Coast Guard Academy in May) so I'll train with the Navy guys but then I'll hopefully make my way over to the C-130s a year and a half from now (It's not a C-40 but atleast the J has a HUD haha).

I'm starting Naval Flight School in two weeks but the NGX is coming out concurrently (keep in mind I've been waiting for this for most of my Academy career while I was waiting to find out if I would be selected for Aviation)? -Matt Chase
Well Matt.....having spent most of my 27+ years in Marine Corps Aviation (Avionics) I would say......focus on your military aviation. In a blink of an eye it will be over before you know it.....and this hobbie will be around for years and years to come. I can honestly say that my military aviation career only made this hobby that much better......especially now with developers modeling complete systems. (smile......just my 2 cents.) Steve R.SgtMajor, USMC (Retired)

Sgt. Major, Thanks for the advice. It's interesting, my entire life Flight Simulation has helped fuel my desire to be an Aviator, and even now on the brink of heading to Pensacola to begin training I'm still lured in, but when its time I'll have my head in the books and try to keep it out of the sky (unless I'm flying of course). Thanks for your perspective and your service. Enjoy the NGX -Matt Chase

I still balanced JSUPT and flightsim. A lot more time was spent studying though. From my friends that went through P'cola there was some low stress time in the beginning, when you do basic aviation indoc and flight physiology. Enjoy pilot training because it's a great time in your career and you will meet friends you will likely have for life. VR Todd

ATP MEL

Commercial SEL

B-747, BE-300, BE-400, DHC8, ERJ 170/190, MU-300

C-17A Globemaster III