Sign in to follow this  
vampisol

IDEA TO SOLVE THE PROBLEM OF ACTIVATION FOR PMDG

Because so much trouble to activate, I suggest that PMDG holds momentarily the sale of NGX until all who have already purchased can be activated. Otherwise the excess connections will continue with more and more customers.I think it's a fair idea for those who already bought. Also at that time PMDG can solve the problem of connections.Just an idea because I'm desperate dozens of failed attempts. JHerrera

Sorry, but I think this is a major screwup. If PMDG sees the need to place such copy-protection mechanisms on their products, then it would be fair enough to take care that the process is hassle-free for us paying customers. Again - the crackers will probably overcome the protection anyway while we loyal customers have to suffer from it. Bad trend in the whole software industry though.

Dave P. Woycek

That's just not commercially viable as they want as much revenue as possible. There may well be a another flood when the servers are active again. Can you form an orderly cue online? Chris Farrell

Of course for PMDG is not a good idea, but consider also the buyer. PMDG must have expected too much customers.

It's cool friends, they'll fix it for us. Lots of reading to do anyway.

Ian R Tyldesley

If there wasn't a DDoS underway, the sales, download, and activation servers would likely be easily carrying the load... especially the activation servers. Fewer legitimate activation attempts now will only result in more DDoS packets making their way in. You are not competing with other purchasers, you are competing against a botnet of computers flooding in. -Greg

The draw for this hacker is obviously seeing the chaos his/her attacks are causing.....why not have everyone post pretend 'Great IT WORKS topics' and that'll lead him/her to think it's attacks are not working...................eeeerrrrr, as long as the hacker doesn't try to buy the thing thus realising the servers are down. Chris Farrell

The draw for this hacker is obviously seeing the chaos his/her attacks are causing.....why not have everyone post pretend 'Great IT WORKS topics' and that'll lead him/her to think it's attacks are not working...................eeeerrrrr, as long as the hacker doesn't try to buy the thing thus realising the servers are down. Chris Farrell
I have a better idea. Why don't we find this hacker and make him pay. :) Trevor Moore