Sign in to follow this  
marcanthonystorm

PMDG 737NGX DirectX Setup SERIOUS ISSUE

the same thing happened to me and its not PMDG its your computer. all you have to do is go to C:\Windows\SysWOW64\directx\ and delete everything in that file. then try again.that worked for me. i have a win 7 64.
Hey Mav, I went there, and the file was empty. Should there have been anything in there to begin with?

Hey Mav, I went there, and the file was empty. Should there have been anything in there to begin with?
I just tried it again and its not installing. I keep getting this RED X and the issue with Cryptograph statement Marc

This was posted in another thread by the dev team... " Turn on the windows service flexnet servicing! I started it manually and did the activation and it worked! " Also, he confirmed PMDG is having DOS attacks again, they are working on it

The file is hidden by default. You will need to 'Show hidden files and folders' via 'folder options'

make sure that your cryptographic services are running. to check go to control panel and then look for administrative tools then go to services and look for cryptographic services then right click it and go to properties, start up type should be on automatic, and service statues should say started. if its not press start.

This was posted in another thread by the dev team... " Turn on the windows service flexnet servicing! I started it manually and did the activation and it worked! " Also, he confirmed PMDG is having DOS attacks again, they are working on it
Where is that and what is it, nothing is working yetI keep getting the DirectX issue everytime I reinstall it Marc

Where is that and what is it, nothing is working yetI keep getting the DirectX issue everytime I reinstall it Marc
I get the same issue as you Marc. It is another service you must start manually. Same way as starting Cryptographic services

You know what...my bad ....that was for an activation issue ....sorry

Marc, Read the error message. I'm going to bet anything that you've messed with turning Windows services off and that you actually do have the Cryptographic Service disabled! This is why we do not recommend screwing around with services or using apps like GameBooster that screw with them on your behalf. The "gain" from doing it is completely placebo in most instances and you cause yourself issues like this: To check this, go to start and type "services.msc" into the search box and press enter. (assuming you're using Windows 7 here) Scroll down the list to Cryptographic Services. Double click it and make sure it's set to Automatic. If it's Disabled that's most likely your problem. We can't be responsible for stuff that has screwed up the way Windows is supposed to function. This product was installed thousands of times during testing without issue. The fact that you see the error on the direct Microsoft download too says this is a problem with your PC, not with us.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

If "anything" in your PC says that, reconsider removing it (I mean app that says that, not DX...) What antivirus software are you using? Any crazy game booster apps, etc?
Im not useing any Booster, I use AVG for free antivirus. Its friendly.

Marc, Read the error message. I'm going to bet anything that you've messed with turning Windows services off and that you actually do have the Cryptographic Service disabled! This is why we do not recommend screwing around with services or using apps like GameBooster that screw with them on your behalf. The "gain" from doing it is completely placebo in most instances and you cause yourself issues like this: To check this, go to start and type "services.msc" into the search box and press enter. (assuming you're using Windows 7 here) Scroll down the list to Cryptographic Services. Double click it and make sure it's set to Automatic. If it's Disabled that's most likely your problem. We can't be responsible for stuff that has screwed up the way Windows is supposed to function. This product was installed thousands of times during testing without issue. The fact that you see the error on the direct Microsoft download too says this is a problem with your PC, not with us.
What if it's already set to automatic, what else might it likely be? would this also be a reason why the aircraft does not prompt for an activation code upon selection?

Marc, Check if that Cryptographic Service is enabled in services as Ryan asked to, disable that friendly antivirus and then try again. Are you using any registry cleaners, any staff like this? EDIT: The problem is only on your side, sorry. If really nothing helps, you can always clean re-install Windows, it's hardcore solution but should help, of course on one condition that you wont install any software that's causing your problem now, avoid all cleaners, all magic speed-my-pc-for-free-10times tools, etc. I had tones of issues with AVG and I will never us it again, if you don't want to pay for AV then try Windows Essentials, I'm using it on my EFB/Weather laptop and it's alright.

Im not useing any Booster, I use AVG for free antivirus. Its friendly.
I checked it and it was set on automatic. I didnt have to change it. Not sure what else it could be. Ive never had this issue before. Also, I dont use the game booster thing. Marc

The file is hidden by default. You will need to 'Show hidden files and folders' via 'folder options'
make sure that your cryptographic services are running. to check go to control panel and then look for administrative tools then go to services and look for cryptographic services then right click it and go to properties, start up type should be on automatic, and service statues should say started. if its not press start.
Dean the hidden files are showing and the cryptographic services are on automatic and started Mav.