Sign in to follow this  
toxic_ger

"Alt Disagree" Problem..

Flying the Tutorialflight from EGKK to EHAM the second time and have the same problem with this "Alt Disagree" alert. From the QRH:

DISAGREE1 Check all altimeters are set to correct barometric setting for phase of flight.3 Flight is not allowed in RVSM airspace.4 Standby altimeter is available.5 Transponder altitude received by ATC may be unreliable.6 Maintain visual conditions if possible.7 Establish landing configuration early.8 Radio altitude reference is available below 2,500 feet.9 Use electronic and visual glide slope indicators, where available, for approach and landing.
The left PFD shows ~6300ft while the right PFD shows 20000ft. The plane climb sonly to FL 100-110 (because of this alert i think). Can someone help me with this problem? Sorry for my bad english.

Possible you have some kind of failure happening? Try resetting failures. FMC > PMDG SETUP > AIRCRAFT > FAILURES

Flying the Tutorialflight from EGKK to EHAM the second time and have the same problem with this "Alt Disagree" alert. From the QRH: The left PFD shows ~6300ft while the right PFD shows 20000ft. The plane climb sonly to FL 100-110 (because of this alert i think). Can someone help me with this problem? Sorry for my bad english.
Screen shots would be helpful. Can you provide route? Are you using external weather programs? The more information the better.

Captain's pitot tube must be frozen. You did enable pitot heat, right? BTW, if we disable the FO's displays, would we still get this error, or would the FO's instruments just be ignored?

Cristi Neagu

Captain's pitot tube must be frozen. You did enable pitot heat, right? BTW, if we disable the FO's displays, would we still get this error, or would the FO's instruments just be ignored?
The pitot tubes don't affect the altimeter readings at all. However, the pitot heat on the 737 also heats the static ports. If you have a blocked or iced over static port (is this even simulated in FS?), the affected altimeter would be frozen (as would the VSI), and the airspeed indicator using the same pitot/static system would be erratic as well (indicate higher as you descend, indicate lower as you climb).

The pitot tubes don't affect the altimeter readings at all. However, the pitot heat on the 737 also heats the static ports. If you have a blocked or iced over static port (is this even simulated in FS?), the affected altimeter would be frozen (as would the VSI), and the airspeed indicator using the same pitot/static system would be erratic as well (indicate higher as you descend, indicate lower as you climb).
Yeah... i don't know what i was thinking with that frozen pitot tube thing... Also, FS doesn't need to simulate something for the NGX to be able to do it.

Cristi Neagu

Enable synchronise CAPT/FO altimeter in CDU OPTIONS. The AP is full dual sided. CMD A/left FD will look at the captains altimeter and CMD B will look at the FO's altimeter. You 'll get a vertical RNP related message too. Also yes as Peter suggests above make sure you have pitot heat on both tubes.

====================================

E M V

Precision Manuals Development Group

Pitot Heat is on. Capt/Fo altimeter are synchronise.With and without an externel weatheraddon the problem is the same.Startet in EGKK with the exact settings from the Tutorial 1. 08R - CLNSP SID - CLN. The Altimeters show at the ground already 60ft (at the left pfd) and 180ft (at the right pfd) without setup the plane for the flight. Here is the Screenshot i made just after the alert illuminated.

Anything at all running in background FS utility ?

E M V

Okay, Problem is gone after i changed the metric to us feet system in the fsx settings maybe one of the pfd dont like the metric? :)

Dennis ! Oh Dennis !

E M V