Sign in to follow this  
niyoko

Black screen after exiting menus

Guys this worked marvels on my system. But back up your FSX.cfg in case something happens.http://forums.flightsimlabs.com/index.php?/topic/2486-fsx-disappearing-textures-issue-fix-here/

Same here. Happened after using the FSX menu in flight to reduce vehicle traffic. Screen went black and could hear flight continuuing on. Could even click on the black and if there was a button behind my mouse pointer, it would move that button. - Tim James, What exactly is "enb" series?
Tim,Basically a visual tweak to add nice light bloom effects without the big hit associated with default FSX bloom. Guessing you won't have this installed, but if you want to check look in your root FSX directory for d3d9.dll and enbseries.ini. I installed it after Nick C from AoA popped his settings up on here but now I've uninstalled it I haven't had this black screen issue so I thought I'd mention just in case anyone else had it installed. ight try it again after any hotfix is made available.Cheers

I replaced Windows Task Manager by Process Explorer. When I minimize FSX using Alt+Tab I can't switch it back to the full screen using Alt+Tab. But I found solution long ago: open Process Explorer -> click right mouse button on fsx.exe process, choose menu WIndow -> click Bring to front. This always workes for me :) Cheers! P.S. Your 737NGX is amazing. I can't eat and sleep doing my Type Rating on 738 :) And till now I haven't noticed any issues.

Alt-Tabbing in FSX (or FS9 for that matter) has never worked. Use Alt-Enter to switch between windowed and full screen. There's been reports that D3D hooks like the ENB mod or the FPS limiter cause black screens and stuff too - I've personally not experienced this, but it is possible.

Adrian

Thanks for all your help, guys. Looks like I was able to do the uiautomationcore.dll fix and am not having any more black screen issues using the menus in sim. I really do appreciate all the help and many thanks for the other tweak info that was passed on. This is a great plane, and i was able to finally complete a full flight this morning thanks to your help!

Guys,Are you using enb series?? I was and had the same, if you uninstall it you might be good to go. Worked for me wink.png
Yes, using the ENB mod. I will see if the error persists after removing it.
Alt-Tabbing in FSX (or FS9 for that matter) has never worked. Use Alt-Enter to switch between windowed and full screen. There's been reports that D3D hooks like the ENB mod or the FPS limiter cause black screens and stuff too - I've personally not experienced this, but it is possible.
I forgot to add to my opening post that this was happing in fullscreen mode. I'm thinking there might be some screen switching when you enter and exit a menu that is hanging up D3D when it tries to go back to the game. I have gone back to using only windowed mode and I have not experienced my issue anymore. I have also OC'd my CPU up to 3.7GHz and gone back to 1024 3D cloud textures to increase over all FSX performance. The only problem that I have seen so far is a single momentary 20~30sec freeze of FSX, then it just resumes like normal.