Sign in to follow this  
bradrcfii

FSUIPC does not show in Add-ons menu after NGX install

When first loading up the NGX 800, I noticed I had no flight controls, my hardware did not work including throttles, yoke and rudder peddals. My first thought was FSUIPC and found it now missing from my FSX add-ons menu. I had a list of about 5 items in the add-on menu items before the NGX install and now have only two, ezdoc and ultimate traffic. Before I recover from backup, I am looking fro advice. What happened? Thanks,

Hi I have the same issue, I unistalled NGX and the menu's were there again. Just installing NGX again now to see if they have gone again.Just reinstalled and everything is fine and menu's are all there

I just posted on this subject. Interesting that a uninstall-reinstall of NGX fixed the problem. I'm going to give that a try. Thanks, Rich

Richard Boll

Wichita, KS

I uninstalled the NGX and my menu's did not come back. Pretty disapointing. I have to recover from backup. PLease let me know what you learn. Thanks,

Sounds like an issue with your dll.xml file. Could you post the contents here?

I seem to have a few of these files in different folders. Which folder location should I look. Thanks

Uninstalled NGX, problem remains. FSUIPC menu and add-on menus, e.g. Level D & PMDG (for the 747X), are still not present. If I try to load the Level D or PMDG 747X, the result is a FSX CTD. Grrrrrr...... Rich

Richard Boll

Wichita, KS

Lukas, Thanks, I recovered the dll.xml file and my FSX addon menu is now correct. I found a copy of the dll file in the appropriate folder. Looks like the NGX install made a backup of the file. I am now back to where I was before the NGX install. I am not sure how to proceed from here and looking for advice. Nice call on the dll/xml file. Thanks,

Uninstalled NGX, problem remains. FSUIPC menu and add-on menus, e.g. Level D & PMDG (for the 747X), are still not present. If I try to load the Level D or PMDG 747X, the result is a FSX CTD. Grrrrrr...... Rich
Re-installed NGX. Issue remains. I'm going to try the dll.xml fix now. Thanks! Rich

Richard Boll

Wichita, KS

Look in users>apdata>roaming>microsoft>fsx. You will find a dll.xml backup file. It will have the word "before" as part of the file name meaning before installation.

Check the dll.xml and if you DON'T have the following entry: <Launch.Addon> <Name>FSUIPC 4</Name> <Disabled>False</Disabled> <Path>Modules\FSUIPC4.dll</Path></Launch.Addon> Clip/paste it into the file, between/after any entries/entry like so: <Launch.Addon> <Name>VistaMare Core</Name> <Disabled>False</Disabled> <ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad> <Path>VistaMare\ViMaCoreX.dll</Path> </Launch.Addon> <Launch.Addon> <Name>FSUIPC 4</Name> <Disabled>False</Disabled> <Path>Modules\FSUIPC4.dll</Path></Launch.Addon> <Launch.Addon> <Name>PMDG HUD interface</Name> <Disabled>False</Disabled> <Path>PMDG\DLLs\PMDG_HUD_interface.dll</Path> <DllStartName>module_init</DllStartName> <DllStopName>module_deinit</DllStopName> </Launch.Addon> JJJthe Swede in Spain

Check the dll.xml and if you DON'T have the following entry: <Launch.Addon> <Name>FSUIPC 4</Name> <Disabled>False</Disabled> <Path>Modules\FSUIPC4.dll</Path></Launch.Addon> Clip/paste it into the file, between/after any entries/entry like so: <Launch.Addon> <Name>VistaMare Core</Name> <Disabled>False</Disabled> <ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad> <Path>VistaMare\ViMaCoreX.dll</Path> </Launch.Addon> <Launch.Addon> <Name>FSUIPC 4</Name> <Disabled>False</Disabled> <Path>Modules\FSUIPC4.dll</Path></Launch.Addon> <Launch.Addon> <Name>PMDG HUD interface</Name> <Disabled>False</Disabled> <Path>PMDG\DLLs\PMDG_HUD_interface.dll</Path> <DllStartName>module_init</DllStartName> <DllStopName>module_deinit</DllStopName> </Launch.Addon> JJJthe Swede in Spain
Be careful. Not having the FSUIPC option on the menu after installing the NGX is related to where PMDG loads their HUD DLL. It's incorrectly at the start of the DLL.XML file. Stacey Weaver