Sign in to follow this  
jmnc747

CTD AFTER LOADING A FLIGHT WITH NGX

I have a i7 3.4ghz no overclocking gtx460 6gb ram 1th hd and windows 7 with all service packs my fsx is with sp2 version and was installed as administrator. PLEASE I NEED HELP!!!

Could you provide some more information. Did you get any crash reports? If so are there any specific .dll's that caused an issue. Also have you tried running FSX.exe as an administrator?

I have a system similar to yours - i7-950 (stock @ 3.07GHz for the moment), 6GB RAM, and a GTX460, too. I don't have to fly for long at all - even after sitting on the ground preparing the plane per the tutorial, I get a sim crash when trying to save the flight. It's not just with the NGX, either, but in several other high-end add-ons. I've done the uiautomationcore.dll fix, but with no luck. What does your event log say? My crashes of this sort always report the faulting module as d3d9.dll.

Bill Womack

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Visit my FS Blog or follow me on Twitter (username: bwomack).

Intel i7-950 OC to 4GHz | 6GB DDR3 RAM | Nvidia GTX460 1gb | 2x 120GB SSDs | Windows 7 Ultimate 64Bit

Could you provide some more information. Did you get any crash reports? If so are there any specific .dll's that caused an issue. Also have you tried running FSX.exe as an administrator?
No i didnt get crash reports the error just sad ' the fsx stop working'.

I have a system similar to yours - i7-950 (stock @ 3.07GHz for the moment), 6GB RAM, and a GTX460, too. I don't have to fly for long at all - even after sitting on the ground preparing the plane per the tutorial, I get a sim crash when trying to save the flight. It's not just with the NGX, either, but in several other high-end add-ons. I've done the uiautomationcore.dll fix, but with no luck. What does your event log say? My crashes of this sort always report the faulting module as d3d9.dll.
d3d9.dll is a file related to DirectX. Try and reinstall the DirectX runtime. http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?id=35

I suggest submit a ticket for support. It could well be xml.dll issue this file gets corrupted by other add ons try to use a backed up if you have it see if that makes a difference. john topo

I always crash when I re-load a flight that has been saved during the descent phase of the plane. Don't even get an error report, I remember I got those on my first crashes though. When I re-load a CRZ flight or when the plane is still on ground, it seems to work. Another thing: my flaps position seems not to be saved at all.

I always crash when I re-load a flight that has been saved during the descent phase of the plane. Don't even get an error report, I remember I got those on my first crashes though. When I re-load a CRZ flight or when the plane is still on ground, it seems to work.
Very similar here - when I try to reload a saved approach FSX almost always crashes at 4% loading, right after a click sound in the cockpit and the trim wheel spin sounds. A little better success loading in cruise and/or on the ground, though still some issues threre as well. Joe Lorenc

Joe Lorenc

Very similar here - when I try to reload a saved approach FSX almost always crashes at 4% loading, right after a click sound in the cockpit and the trim wheel spin sounds. A little better success loading in cruise and/or on the ground, though still some issues threre as well. Joe Lorenc
Yes, I remember having that too, trying to load an approach situation. 8% loading, trim wheel sound and crash.

Just to rule out uiautomationcore.dll issues. I'm going to link to a post on these forums. This simple action solved nearly 100% of my CTDs. That or it's the most coincidental placebo ever. Scroll down to Josh Kemp's (JoshKemp) first post. Download the file from his link (it's safe) and follow his directions as they're the clearest. http://forum.avsim.n...__fromsearch__1 I'm more curious if this will work for some of you than anything. Maybe we'll get lucky and some of you will have use for the "tweak".

___________________________________________________________________________________

Zachary Waddell -- Caravan Driver --

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/zwaddell

Avsim ToS

Avsim Screenshot Rules

Thanks Zach, I have already done that (actually it's one of the first things I do when I set up a new FSX). That fixes some CTDs during flight, but not those I am experiencing when loading "some" flights. Some can be loaded, some can't interestingly enough. It's perfectly reproducable, I wonder if I should send a pack with a situation's save files to the PMDG support. Clean install, no add-ons, house livery.

Gents- One other item that we are beginning to see as important: FSX.CFG clutter. Now and then it is a good idea to delete this file and let it regenerate. When you do, take a few moments to go through the section in our INTRODUCTION on how to optimize FSX for use with the NGX. This will also put you on the best possible footing. For the original poster in the thread: Your hardware is MORE than adequate- so it sounds to me as though you may want to also consider a reinstall of your video drivers AND directX... (Don't go removing/reinstalling FSX- that is almost always overkilll...) Keep us posted please!

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

I always crash when I re-load a flight that has been saved during the descent phase of the plane. Don't even get an error report, I remember I got those on my first crashes though. When I re-load a CRZ flight or when the plane is still on ground, it seems to work. Another thing: my flaps position seems not to be saved at all.
All, I have this same issue; at 4% loading, right after a click sound in the cockpit and the trim wheel spin sounds. I did some testing to confirm: I can save a flight at cruise and reload, however if I start the decent for arrival and save that flight (less than 1 minute later) it will not reload. All the saved flights I tried thereafter will not reload (approach and landing). I will submit a ticket with all the details, but I got some specific information in a report that may help others: Problem signature: Problem Event Name: APPCRASH Application Name: fsx.exe Application Version: 10.0.61637.0 Application Timestamp: 46fadb14 Fault Module Name: PMDG_737NGX.DLLI can confirm that I tried rebuilding the FSX.cfg file and I went through all the information in the INTRODUCTION. The only other software I am running is EZDOK. I will continue testing and submit a ticket, but I wanted to see if this information might help the community. Thanks, Nathan Faber

All, I have this same issue; at 4% loading, right after a click sound in the cockpit and the trim wheel spin sounds. I did some testing to confirm: I can save a flight at cruise and reload, however if I start the decent for arrival and save that flight (less than 1 minute later) it will not reload. All the saved flights I tried thereafter will not reload (approach and landing). I will submit a ticket with all the details, but I got some specific information in a report that may help others: Problem signature: Problem Event Name: APPCRASH Application Name: fsx.exe Application Version: 10.0.61637.0 Application Timestamp: 46fadb14 Fault Module Name: PMDG_737NGX.DLLI can confirm that I tried rebuilding the FSX.cfg file and I went through all the information in the INTRODUCTION. The only other software I am running is EZDOK. I will continue testing and submit a ticket, but I wanted to see if this information might help the community. Thanks, Nathan Faber
hi folks! i've got exactly the same issue. when saving a game while descend or approach fsx crashes at loading this game. i do also hear the trim wheel sound before crash. same windows problem signature like nathan above. i did all the tweaking and optimizing written in the manual. even a rebuilt fsx.cfg didn't help. everything else is just running perfectly. great job btw! my system:- i5 2500k - radeon hd5770- 8 gigs ram- win 7 x64- intel ssd cache fsx:- running as admin- rex- enb mod- trackir 5 (but same issue without trackir)- some texture and airport addons thank you! greetings from EDDL.joe

here the same , also i5-2500k try loading a saved flight (a ngx flight) crash. trim sound ... 5% loading : Problemsignatur: Problemereignisname: APPCRASH Anwendungsname: fsx.exe Anwendungsversion: 10.0.61472.0 Anwendungszeitstempel: 475e17d3 Fehlermodulname: PMDG_737NGX.DLL Fehlermodulversion: 1.0.0.0 Fehlermodulzeitstempel: 4e3afb98 Ausnahmecode: c0000005 Ausnahmeoffset: 0019fe35 Betriebsystemversion: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.768.3 Gebietsschema-ID: 1031 Zusatzinformationen zum Problem: LCID: 1031 During betatesting no problems like this ??? ;)