Sign in to follow this  
JoeyL

Strange performance issue on my i7 system

Hello guys, I'm having a very strange problem. My FPS at Aerosoft EHAM aren't very good, say 15-20. But when i take off, my FPS drop even futher to 13-15 fps, this is very strange because i would say when i'm off the airport my FPS should go up. At Aerosoft Madrid I'm having 25+ FPS at the ground, and after takeoff its very stable at 30 FPS by the external FPS limiter. I don't think it is really NGX related, but still I'm wondering if anyone experienced the same? My specs are in my signature. Thanks

Maybe it is the Amsterdam Scenery. I also have horrible frames at Amsterdam but on other airports no issues at all. Luckily Ryanair does not fly to Amsterdam, and Transavia does have other hubs as well :)

Regards,

Harm Swinkels

boeing-747-wings-pin-ztr6z.png

I don't mean to slag off Aerosoft but EHAM did have performance issues when it first came out. Make sure you've got the latest patches for it too...

Thanks guys, i have the latest version (1.4). I know its (too) heavy on FPS, but that doesn't explain why my FPS drop even futher when I'm away from the airport..

Thanks guys, i have the latest version (1.4). I know its (too) heavy on FPS, but that doesn't explain why my FPS drop even futher when I'm away from the airport..
This can happen on complex scenery, it depends on what has been modeled away from the airport in the direction your flying.

I also have this issue in the Netherlands in general. I personally believe that this might be due to the large amount of water bodies that surround the Amsterdam (as well as Rotterdam) area. Even with the default sceneries installed, I found the Amsterdam area quite taxing on my system!

Best regards,

Alexander Rietveld

Even the latest version of the scenery does suffer from horrific performance. My system crawls along at sub 20fps when coupled with NL200 v4 and the NGX.

Thanks, i see. The system from Alexander is a little better then my system, i will test it without Aerosoft Amsterdam X to see how my FPS are then. Callum's system is much better, and i see even you have 20fps, that really ridiculous. Does Aerosoft expect that everyone have a €3000 system? dry.png

I was going to post on this question. I do a lot of flying in Europe in general but especially in the Netherlands region, and when I get above 10,000 feet my frame rates go down instead of up. Yesterday in the NGX going from Stockholm to Malmo, my framerates at FL390 were in the low 20's. They should have been pegged at the upper 30's where my frame rate limiter is set. This doesn't just happen with the NGX but with the iFly NG also. I'm using GEX Europe and UTX Europe along with REX, so I'm not sure where the problem lies.

NAX669.png

I see, well I'm also using GEX Europa and REX. However, in Spain GEX and REX are also there, and i have great FPS there. So i don't really see why in Spain my FPS are great, and in Holland my FPS are very bad. unsure.png

I see, well I'm also using GEX Europa and REX. However, in Spain GEX and REX are also there, and i have great FPS there. So i don't really see why in Spain my FPS are great, and in Holland my FPS are very bad. unsure.png
What are your FSX water settings?

What are your FSX water settings?
They are High 2.x because i really like the water effects. Do you think my FPS will get better if I lower them?

Absolutely! After you change the water effects (use 2 or less for testing purposes), exit FSX and check the fsx.cfg and make sure all of the introduction recommendations are still correct.

I like using Medium 2.x, almost no graphical difference from High (still has wave animations) and runs a whole lot smoother. Low 2.x I don't believe has animations and all the 1.x look like FS9 water to me.