Sign in to follow this  
Scapez

NGX frames - any advice?

Hi everyone,Firstly I love the NGX. been with PMDG since the FS9 NG and can't believe the quality of product.I am only getting 8-18fps permanently in the VC with the following specs:i7 860 2.8ghz6gb ramWin7 64bitNvidia gt220Running most settings medium and 1920x1080resI have applied the tweaks in the manual as well as some cfg tweaks (affinitymask etc..)Is this normal?Thanks, Alex

Your gfx card is just above their minimum requirements.Some settings punish frames more then others. Have you tested other default planes at the same airport?I.E. sit at your favorite airport with the default 737, check frames, switch to the NGX, check frames. Is there a big jump?

Hey thanks for the reply.Yeah massive jump - I'll hit my fsx frame limit of 30fps with all default aircraft.This is also at default airports.Thanks, Alex

Hey thanks for the reply. Yeah massive jump - I'll hit my fsx frame limit of 30fps with all default aircraft. This is also at default airports. Thanks, Alex
Seems normal then.Most people are getting around 30 frames locked in the NGX with better hardware.If I switch to a default plane, my frames jump up almost to 40. If your top end is 18 on the NGX, seems like your hardware is the roadblock.There are things you could try: rebuilding your fsx.cfg from scratch and running the website tweak tool as described in the Introduction PDF, turning off all bloom/shadows, lower AA through NVIDIA control panel or NVIDIA Inspector, lower the FPS limits on the DU's through the NGX CDU options page, defrag your HD. Have you looked at NickN's FSX setup guide?http://www.simforums.com/forums/setting-up-fsx-and-how-to-tune-it_topic29041.html

Hey thanks for the help, FSX specs are as follows: GraphicsTarget fps = 301920x1080x32DX10 - OFFLens Flare - OFFLight Bloom - OFFAdvanced Animations - ONFiltering - AnisostropicAnti-aliasing - ON Aircraft3d virtual cockpitHigh-res 3D vc - ONAircraft casts shadows on ground - OFFAircraft casts shadows on itself - OFFAircraft landing lights illuminate ground - ON SceneryLevel of Detail Radius - LargeMesh Complexity - 80Mesh Resolution - 10mTexture resolution - 60cmWater effects - Mid 2xScenery complexity - DenseAutogen density - none (i experimented with this and none seems to work best)Ground scenery casts shadows - OFFSpecial effects detail - high WeatherCloud draw distance - 70miThermal vis - NoneCloud detail - Detailed cloudsCloud coverage - Medium TrafficAirline traffic - 0%GA Traffic - 0%Airport vehicles - LowRoad Vehicles - 20%Ships - 0%Leisure boats - 40% Thanks in advance!

All of that actually looks very good. You have FSX setup pretty well. I would bring the texture resolution back a bit more for your system, and perhaps the trilinear back to anisotropic, but I doubt those will give you big gains even on the GT220 (It's a very, very weak card). Experiment with a smaller Level of Detail Radius, also.

___________________________________________________________________________________

Zachary Waddell -- Caravan Driver --

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/zwaddell

Avsim ToS

Avsim Screenshot Rules

Noticed your target FPS is 30... increase that to unlimited, that would really help things along.

Jason Brown - Exterior Model Engineer,

http://www.precisionmanuals.com
Posted Image

Specs: MSI Z97 Gaming 7 | Intel i7 4970K OC @ 4.6GHz | Gigabyte GTX970 G1 4GB | 16GB (2X8GB) G.Skill Trident | Corsair Air 540 White Case | Corsair AX750 750W PSU | 27" Samsung SyncMaster 275T+ | 27" Samsung S27D850 | 13" Wacom Cintiq | Windows 10 Professional x64

I noticed you have: Road Vehicles - 20%Leisure boats - 40% Especially the Road Vehicles traffic is a CPU killer near cities. Just bring it down to ZERO and try again.