Sign in to follow this  
Brian_A_Neuman

Bizzare Problem

Ok, So I just landed on a flight from KDFW to KCOS. The landing went fine and as I was taxing to the gate, I had a momentary freeze in FSX, and by momentary I mean 1-2 seconds max. After it unfroze, I could not control the throttles and I could not shut down the engines no matter what I tried. Has this happened to anyone else?

Brian A. Neuman

Proud simmer since 1982 using the following simulators: Sublogic Flight Simulator 1 and 2. Microsoft Flight Simulator 4.0, 5.1, FS95, FS98, FS2000, FS2002, FS2004, FSX (and unfortunately Flight!). Terminal Reality Fly 1 and 2. Sierra Pro Pilot, Looking Glass/Eidos/Electronic Arts Flight Unlimited I, II and III, Laminar Research X-Plane 7, 8, 9, 10 and 11, FS Aerofly 2, Lockheed Martin Perpar3D 2.X, 3.X, 4.X and 5.X and Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020). Not to mention numerous combat simulators and games related to flight that I have played with over the years.

System: Intel I7-7700K-Water Cooled, 32GB Ram, GTX 1080Ti, 500gb SSD, 1TB HD and dedicated 1TB and 2TB SSD's for Flight Simulators

Ok, So I just landed on a flight from KDFW to KCOS. The landing went fine and as I was taxing to the gate, I had a momentary freeze in FSX, and by momentary I mean 1-2 seconds max. After it unfroze, I could not control the throttles and I could not shut down the engines no matter what I tried. Has this happened to anyone else?
have you got UT2 installed just out of interest.

Yes, as a matter of fact I do have UT2 installed. It wasnt the aircraft load as I didnt do a reload since I left DFW of thats where you were going.

Brian A. Neuman

Proud simmer since 1982 using the following simulators: Sublogic Flight Simulator 1 and 2. Microsoft Flight Simulator 4.0, 5.1, FS95, FS98, FS2000, FS2002, FS2004, FSX (and unfortunately Flight!). Terminal Reality Fly 1 and 2. Sierra Pro Pilot, Looking Glass/Eidos/Electronic Arts Flight Unlimited I, II and III, Laminar Research X-Plane 7, 8, 9, 10 and 11, FS Aerofly 2, Lockheed Martin Perpar3D 2.X, 3.X, 4.X and 5.X and Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020). Not to mention numerous combat simulators and games related to flight that I have played with over the years.

System: Intel I7-7700K-Water Cooled, 32GB Ram, GTX 1080Ti, 500gb SSD, 1TB HD and dedicated 1TB and 2TB SSD's for Flight Simulators

i had a little different kind of problem,last night in game spy session,was in cruising LTAC-UBBB at lvl-360 everything was nice and smooth until on screen appear dialog to accept friendship,less then 5 seconds click ok to accept it,but when return in cockpit plane was in excessive nose dive,in despite to recover my actions was ap-off,at-off,speed brake up,was pulling up desperately but planes controls fail to react on my inputs,reaching half speed of sound plane hit the ground in less then 2 min.Rolling Eyes.gif

Got the same problem just now near FMEE. Everything was ok, but suddenly absolutly no command worked. The entire systems was dead and frozen.

Franck Feuillade

The same thing has happened to me. Every time I use the NGX the thing just freezes and I don't unfreeze.I run UTX Europe, REX 2 OD, GEX Enhanced and Orbx Northern Rockies.When in the F10 2D? view you can hear the dials turning but you can't see them, if you switch to F9 view 3D? you can then see the numbers change but they have no effect on the aircraft.I don't run squawk box but I do have VRC installed for Vatsim, although it was not running. This hapens when I am offline and online. Looking at what people have said I would guess that the fault is not the NGX but one of the 3rd party addons that has been overlooked by PMDG.Surely the Beta testing of this would have found this problem? Was this the cause of Nick's Blue Screening issue he mentioned during one of the videos? I hope they fix it very soon. Happy Flying, if you don't freeze :)

I have gotten something similar. The sim will completely freeze for about 20 seconds and then unfreeze and resume on it's merry way. It usually happens while I'm climbing using Level Change button on the MCP to my target altitude. Though, I'm starting to think it is more on a time interval. When I get home from work I'm going to try to replicate and submit a FREEZE TEST REPORT ticket.