Sign in to follow this  
royski

Brake and Autobrake problems

The brake command does not work, even if it was mapped in FSX as the period "." key. Another problem I've noticed after landing, during rollout, the autobrakes kick in but I'm not able to disarm them by pressing the period key or rotating the selector back to OFF. The word "brakes" does not disappear in the lower left part of the screen.To remedy the problem I'm forced to set the parking brake then press the period key to disengage.Is there a way to fix this problem?

Have the same prob here, only way at moment, don't arm the autobrakes and use only manual brake after touchdown, or you loose your manual brake function (period "." key AND Joystickbutton are dead)

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg
Markus Frank
Windows 10 64,Intel i7, 32GB RAM
NVidia GTX 1080ti, Prepar3D V4.

You have to apply more manual braking force than the autobrakes are generating, and you have to do it TWICE to get the autobrakes to cut out. If using the period key or a joystick button, press AND HOLD the key/button for a full second TWICE.

Best Regards,

Kurt "Yoda" Kalbfleisch

Pinner, Middx, UK

Beta tester for PMDG J41, NGX, and GFO, Flight1 Super King Air B200, Flight1 Cessna Citation Mustang, Flight1 Cessna 182, Flight1 Cessna 177B, Aeroworx B200

Have the same prob here, only way at moment, don't arm the autobrakes and use only manual brake after touchdown, or you loose your manual brake function (period "." key AND Joystickbutton are dead)
I had the exact same problem. THe only way that I was able to fix it is to use my rudder pedals, every other break command doesnt work though. -Spencer Hayes

Looks like another NGX glitch... I will try to do so on the next flight - max reverse thrust needed then to slow the plane down...

Looks like another NGX glitch... I will try to do so on the next flight - max reverse thrust needed then to slow the plane down...
Have flight the route above with the 737-900 and here the autobrakes and the manual brakes works to 100%, so it's must be a bug only at the 737-800

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg
Markus Frank
Windows 10 64,Intel i7, 32GB RAM
NVidia GTX 1080ti, Prepar3D V4.

Hardware Toe Brakes Users: If you use hardware toe brakes such as

those created by CH Products, we would like you to be aware that in

order to implement the proper “tripping off” of the auto-brake system, we

had to put some limitations in place in order to prevent the inherent FSX

logic from inadvertently taking over the autobrake release logic

inappropriately:

To release the autobrake with your hardware toe brakes you must:

Apply the brakes twice, quickly and….

Apply greater pressure than the autobrake is currently applying.

This is different than the brake-directed disengage function on theairplane, but it was unavoidable. .

You have to apply more manual braking force than the autobrakes are generating, and you have to do it TWICE to get the autobrakes to cut out. If using the period key or a joystick button, press AND HOLD the key/button for a full second TWICE.
Thanks for your advice! Had a flight from SCEL-SPIM today. Armed the autobrakes to setting "2" and did an autoland with 2 autopilots engaged. Upon rollout autobrakes kicked in, engaged reverse thrust then as IAS drops to 60 pressed and HOLD the period key (for about 2 secs) TWICE. Entered the taxiway at about 25-30 kts before holding short for taxi directions. I just loved the sound of the spoilers and reverse thrust upon touchdown!

Roy, Glad to help!

Best Regards,

Kurt "Yoda" Kalbfleisch

Pinner, Middx, UK

Beta tester for PMDG J41, NGX, and GFO, Flight1 Super King Air B200, Flight1 Cessna Citation Mustang, Flight1 Cessna 182, Flight1 Cessna 177B, Aeroworx B200

Out of Nowhere: NGX running really well, and now suddenly the parking brake does not release. Either by the CTL+., or by flipping the toe brakes as normal. They appear to be welded on. I also disengaged them via the quadrant parking brake lever in the VC. Again plenty of mechanical clunks but the brakes stay stubbornly on. Attempt to use take-off power to get free of them, but no luck and no movement. Checking reverse makes no difference. I would appreciate help - is their a code problem for instance in here somewhere, or have I corrupted somethng?

Chaos: you brought order from chaos, many thanks indeed. How stupid can you get? I sometimes wonder. I never thought of looking to see if chocks (and other things) had been set on or off. Your advice let me fly tonight, instead of wallow in the slough of despair and incompetence.