Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

sarahguiney

TO/GA autothrottle

The past two takeoff attempts I've made , when I set the TO/GA button in the hidden clickspot, the throttles will accelerate to takeoff N1 and when I'm halfway down the runway, they cutback automatically. I am making sure both FD's are on and in the FMS, I set the takeoff for TO-1 with an N1 of about 93%. I set throttles on my saitek throttle to about 40% manually before engaging TO/GA and then hit TO/GA after spool up without advancing my saitek throttles, could this be the issue? Please help.

Hello,There are 2 points to me that can cause the issue :- First in the FMC/CDU in throttle limit page (same page where you set TO-1) the temperature should be adjusted (usually this is automatic);- Second you need to advance the Saitek throttle to match the N1 acceleration position.Adenilson

I set throttles on my saitek throttle to about 40% manually before engaging TO/GA and then hit TO/GA after spool up without advancing my saitek throttles, could this be the issue?
Yep. Hit the FMC Menu button > PMDG SETUP > AIRCRAFT > EQUIPMENT See what your setting is for A/T Manual override on page 2. I suspect it's probably on "Always" or "In Hold/Arm mode only". If it's on either one of those, you should be pushing your throttles forward when you hit TO/GA. What I do is hit TO/GA, and then just shove my throttle full forward. I use "In Hold/Arm mode only."

Yes, push your saitek throttles to their forward stops on TOGA, once accelerating down the runway past 80KTS, the FMA for the thrust changes to THR HLD, meaning the auto throttle servos disconnect from the thrust levers allowing the pilot (you) to change their position. Follow through toga with your throttles and this wont happen again, or in PMDG settings change when your joystick throttles override the sim.

Angelo Cosma
PPL ASEL / IFR
Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) 

Field Service Representative (SEA) ZSE ARTCC

Intel i7 6700K 4.8Ghz / ASUS ROG Maximus Hero VIII / 16GB DDR4 3200Mhz Ram / EVGA 1080Ti FTW3/ Corsair H110i GTX EVGA 850 Watt Gold / Samsung 850 500gb SSD

Also make sure that your throttle quadrant is set equally for the two levers. If you have asymmetric thrust, it will cause the autothrottle to kick off, which will cancel the TO/GA.I have bumped one of my levers and the TO/GA will cancel. Bob

Robert Yunque
Banner_MJC11_zpsc02297c8.png

i had a feeling that was it, should of tried it before i posted, but anyways, thank you so much for the help. greatly appreciated.

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.
  • Donation Goals

AVSIM's 2020 Fundraising Goal

Donate to our annual general fundraising goal. This donation keeps our doors open and providing you service 24 x 7 x 365. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. We reset this goal every new year for the following year's goal.

42%
    $10,690.00 of $25,000.00 Donate Now