Sign in to follow this  
gbruton

TCAS Alerts?

I tried doing a search and could not find anything on the question I have. With the TCAS I am not seeing any of the aircraft on my flight display showing where they are or height +/-. Also, I did a test and went right towards a aircraft and I did not recieve and alarms or alerts. All I got was the word TRAFFIC in red on the flight display but not direction to climb or descend. Yes, I do have the TCAS switch turned on and it does say test pass when checking....am I missing something else to get the aircraft to be displayed on the flight display or could it be a error? Thanks

Push the TFC switch on the EFIS control panel..

Mark Scheerman

Boeing 737-6/7/8/900 Ground Engineer

Once the TCAS is enabled by rotating the appropriate knob to TA/RA which is Traffic Advisory/Resolution Advisory I get aural 'Traffic Traffic' warnings when I have had aircraft get too close, but I don't get any advisory like 'Climb' or 'Descend'. I don't think this is modeled.

Once the TCAS is enabled by rotating the appropriate knob to TA/RA which is Traffic Advisory/Resolution Advisory I get aural 'Traffic Traffic' warnings when I have had aircraft get too close, but I don't get any advisory like 'Climb' or 'Descend'. I don't think this is modeled.
See above!vololiberista

I received a Descend advisory the other day while on final at KPSP. I believe it depends on how much of a threat the other traffic is to your aircraft.

Set the ND to the map mode, When the TCAS switch is set to TA/RA and TFC switch in ON you should see TFC on the ND in blue !!. Then push the Test switch, The TCAS system then show's the test image on the PFD and ND. After that you hear TCAS PASS or TCAS FAIL.

Mark Scheerman

Boeing 737-6/7/8/900 Ground Engineer