Sign in to follow this  
Wynthorpe

Massive drop in frames

Found something interesting regarding this issue: I have a very clean FSX (No AI, no rex, hex, gex, weatherengines or whatever, just the 737NGX (have not found out what other add-ons to go for)). APU was running, engines started, and I was about to do a test flight. Forgot in a moment of distraction to turn engine GEN 1 and 2 on, before iturned off the APU. My FPS dropped solid and was 0.6 at its lowest!!!! Tried to connect and disconnect generators over and over, did not help. Had to restart FSX to make it work. Have no idea what caused it..
This happen to me last night as well, how strange. Reproduced it today very easily. Hope the fix corrects it, even if it is caused by my own incompetence. I probably deserved the low frames as punishment. Whistle.gif

Stian Beinset

ENML

An issue related to FMC position checking that could cause extremely low FPS in rare situations was fixed today - could be that.
Yes! That's great news. I look forward to being able to fix it.

An issue related to FMC position checking that could cause extremely low FPS in rare situations was fixed today - could be that.
I'm happy to hear it's fixed, too.It is so hard to start another flight without resetting NGX..Can't sure exact timing but as I parked at gate and shutdown, 30fps drops to 5fps..It never goes normal unless reload aircraft. (loading another one, twice - as introduction said.)Hope there'll be hotfix or SP1 whichever comfortable to PMDG team. :)

Found something interesting regarding this issue: I have a very clean FSX (No AI, no rex, hex, gex, weatherengines or whatever, just the 737NGX (have not found out what other add-ons to go for)). APU was running, engines started, and I was about to do a test flight. Forgot in a moment of distraction to turn engine GEN 1 and 2 on, before iturned off the APU. My FPS dropped solid and was 0.6 at its lowest!!!! Tried to connect and disconnect generators over and over, did not help. Had to restart FSX to make it work. Have no idea what caused it..
That's part of the same bug we fixed - it kills the GPSes for a second and causes the position weirdness.
Hopefully, one would not get the same "position weirdness" effect in RL, if the GPS backup battery was defective, and needed replacing ?

I had the exact same thing, only i forgot to put the APU online before removing ground power. The moment i click on the first APU switch, everything died. I was getting maybe 1 frame every 5 seconds. Had to restart FSX.Also, i do get these freezes for no apparent reason in flight, but they normally last 1 or 2 seconds. This is my only major issue to date with the NGX, and, thankfully, it is quite rare.

Cristi Neagu

I only experienced this only when I shutdown aircraft, but not non-powered situation that forget turning on APU or GEN switches.I used to forget that switches connected before pushback and saw GPS fail message on CDU, no fps drop at that moment and after plane has powered, too. Wired thing is, even I shutdown engines, I *always* connect three ground powers first before engine start levers to cutoff.Sometimes it's okay to start new flight without changing livery, but sometime it became sluggish 5 fps as I mentioned. Anyway, I wish it's the same reason because they said it's already fixed! laugh.png