Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

royski

Any fix on CTD after ending flight - hotfix already installed

Hi all, Does anyone know how to fix this CTD after ending flight? I already have the hotfix installed.

What CTD? What's the error message? What's the module at fault?

I have also applied the Hotfix, there is NO ERROR message only a White Screen when I end Flight.I dont even get back to Free Flight Menu showing the NGX in the bottom plane choice panel and if I do its is completelyblack, no plane showing. Then I have to close FSX manually.

Du you have the ENB mod installed? Removing it solved it for me. FSX used to crash every time i ended a flight, but i haven't had a crash since ENB series' two files were deleted from the FSX directory.

Du you have the ENB mod installed? Removing it solved it for me. FSX used to crash every time i ended a flight, but i haven't had a crash since ENB series' two files were deleted from the FSX directory.
What is ENB? The only addon left running is ASE before I end the flight.

I don't have ENB running at all, this has only occurred after installing PMDG 737NGX, prior to that no problems.Flights are perfect a stunning plane to fly, its only when I finish the flight. Andrew Ross

The ENB mod is a modified directx dll file that you can place in the main FSX folder to get a Bloom and a HDR effect without using the very demanding fsx-bloom effect. It makes the FSX world look a bit more realistic. I guess you'd know if you downloaded and installed the ENB Mod. If your not sure, look for these two files in you FSX main folder: d3d9.dll and enbseries.ini. They can be deleted or moved to a backup folder. Lasse

Thanks Lasse for the info - I don't have it installed. When I select Flights -> End flight, then confirm. The small confirmation screen shifts to the lower right of my desktop. When I press "End Flight" again I get a "fatal error" message. Here is a screen shot: m9oxew.jpg My desktop wallpaper is color black on purpose.

If you have FSUIPC, delete the FSUIPC ini-file and let it rebuild (make a back up). If you have FS-recorder, repair the installation after adding the hotfix. Just a thougt.

That is a strange occurrence. I've yet to get one after a few long, heavy flights in the NGX. For the past two days I've been freeze/CTD free also. I've been able to say that since reinstalling FSX. sad.png Is there an error log you could share from the "View reliability history" program within Win7?

yesterday posted that hotfix resolved all may problems,but tonight doing my flight in game spy,all the hope broke loose,this was a eddn-egec route,rwl28 ibag2k dep.ibaga-y101-tektu-z850-hmm-ul602-rkn-ul980-flevo-ul602-supur-up1-rokan-um982-sab-pik.vizual arrival rwl11 via rx11 at 8nm 2600ft.everything was perfect until few feet(6) before touch down flight controls,throttle and screens,freeze.and uncontrolled touch down ended sad....ngx%2520freeze2.jpgfreezengx%2520freeze3.jpgngx%2520freeze4.jpg freeze up.all the rest was working,finally my uncontrolled touch down began little left side of runway due to 11 knots crosswind and ended across the rwl on right side as in screen shots.ngx%2520freeze.jpg

If you have FSUIPC, delete the FSUIPC ini-file and let it rebuild (make a back up). If you have FS-recorder, repair the installation after adding the hotfix. Just a thougt.
I did it but problem still persists. I don't have FS-recorder installed.

DELETED FOR ROOM
No offense but that's WAY off topic. You're hijacking the thread and rudely at that, what with all of the pictures.
DELETED FOR ROOM
Back on topic. Thanks for the screen shot but what's really needed is the error log, which you can get by double clicking the "stopped working" error and copying the TEXT contents of that to here.

No offense but that's WAY off topic. You're hijacking the thread and rudely at that, what with all of the pictures. Back on topic. Thanks for the screen shot but what's really needed is the error log, which you can get by double clicking the "stopped working" error and copying the TEXT contents of that to here.
apologise captains,probably posted in wrong topic Shocked.gif

apologise captains,probably posted in wrong topic Shocked.gif
I hope you made a support ticket with the same info plus system info and addons. Quite the bug you've run across!Doh.gif

that may be the problem ,there is 129 pages with topics,and many topics about same problem started by several people,its just chaos here Worried.gif

I hope you made a support ticket with the same info plus system info and addons. Quite the bug you've run across!Doh.gif
not yet ,hoping for the first update,if that will not resolve the problem then will go for support ticket.than you Doh.gif

yesterday posted that hotfix resolved all may problems,but tonight doing my flight in game spy,all the hope broke loose,this was a eddn-egec route,rwl28 ibag2k dep.ibaga-y101-tektu-z850-hmm-ul602-rkn-ul980-flevo-ul602-supur-up1-rokan-um982-sab-pik.vizual arrival rwl11 via rx11 at 8nm 2600ft.everything was perfect until few feet(6) before touch down flight controls,throttle and screens,freeze.and uncontrolled touch down ended sad....freeze freeze up.all the rest was working,finally my uncontrolled touch down began little left side of runway due to 11 knots crosswind and ended across the rwl on right side as in screen shots.
I just wanted to chime in and say I had the same issue reported by Lufthansa285 on landing at KSLC with a saved flight situation, after installing the hotfix. I had an issue with ctd's when I pulled up a saved flight and tried to change the FMC runway. The hotfix removed the CTD issue, but when I came in for a landing I experienced the exact same issue described above. Right at the flare, the panel freezes, the aircraft is unresponsive to controls, and I land with a hard thud on the grass. I don't know if this is the famous "freeze" issue experienced by some before the hotfix, but until that incident I never had a cockpit freeze before.

I have many many Crashes with the Same dll ;) I will spawn after a Flight on a another Airport: Crash, Ok again, Restart FSX load NGX select airport, its Load, CRASH! And again.. Problem signature: Problem Event Name: APPCRASH Application Name: fsx.exe Application Version: 10.0.61637.0 Application Timestamp: 46fadb14 Fault Module Name: PMDG_737NGX.DLL Fault Module Version: 1.0.0.0 Fault Module Timestamp: 4e4346ca Exception Code: c0000005 Exception Offset: 000576b0 OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.1 Locale ID: 1031

It seems like one person can provide system info but no error log, and another can provide the error log and no system info. Here's a list of things I usually include when reporting a crash or bug to PMDG: -Scenario in which it's happening and where.-Flight plan info, if applicable.-PC Specs including Windows version.-Detailed description of the error or problem. Lastly, it's better to send via the ticket system, as most of the people in here have no clue of the NGX's inner workings. Any "professional" beta testers, feel free to expand or correct my list.

This is something we are aware of. It is caused by latent conflicts between some addons and the way FSX cleans up memory- and we're looking at it... Thanks for posting.

I had the same issue upon release. Found a post mentioning to make sure that none of the PMDG folders and files were'nt set to "Read Only". I unchecked them all and ever since no CTD for me at end of any flight.