Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Captain Rossiter

Battery Electrical Problem?

Hi, Just got the NGX, and when i went to turn on the battery switch, a warning sound is played. The annunciator next to the master caution lights will say "FLT CONT" and "ELEC". Am I doing something wrong, or is there a problem here? The warning sound doesn't seem to stop so I can't fly.

Hi, Just got the NGX, and when i went to turn on the battery switch, a warning sound is played. The annunciator next to the master caution lights will say "FLT CONT" and "ELEC". Am I doing something wrong, or is there a problem here? The warning sound doesn't seem to stop so I can't fly.
Please spend some time and go through the tutorial flight.

I've been reading all the manuals and I'm doing the tutorial flight, however the tutorial does not start cold & dark. How is the tutorial going to teach me how to start up the aircraft correctly?Nevermind, problem solved. Sorry about that.... My joystick throttle has been pushed 100% .... *facepalm*. Again, I apologize.

I've been reading all the manuals and I'm doing the tutorial flight, however the tutorial does not start cold & dark. How is the tutorial going to teach me how to start up the aircraft correctly?Nevermind, problem solved. Sorry about that.... My joystick throttle has been pushed 100% .... *facepalm*. Again, I apologize.
Not to worry, the NGX is a complex aircraft, and it takes time to learn...In any case, you have just performed a successful test of the takeoff config warning system!

http://library.avsim...ftp&DLID=161004 The above url will get you the check lists that are a little more easier to follow and helped me get it started from cold and dark. However you still should read all the manuals cause the majority of the questions asked here could have been answered simply by reading the manuals.

yea pity the tutorial didnt start from a cold and dark start mite have solved many problems

Could be a equipment cooling alarm if you have the bus transfer open/off, a warning from the IRS while "on DC" or your throttles forward when no in correct configuration (takeoff config as mentioned)