Sign in to follow this  
vekiq

I downloaded Vroute, but...

Hi all, I downloaded Vroute, but don't have option that lets me save the plan into pmdg format.]I have downloaded freeware version, maybe premium version only has the option i am looking for? Cheers

yes you must purchase the premium version to get the pmdg and others
Are there alternative freeware programs that will let me plan and save the flight plan in pmdg format? Cheers

I am sure you can find something out there free but the payware ones offer a lot more. I started out with FS-Build and now use FS Commander 9. Both will Export to PMDG, Level-D and others. It would be a good idea to get a subscription to Navigraph and buy some credits and keep your AIRACS files up to date. I think 100 credits is around $12-13 USD and that will get you 5 months worth of AIRACS at 20 credits for each AIRAC. What that means is every month you can download the latest AIRAC for the PMDG 737-NGX, it will also update any other PMDG planes because they all use the same format and location. If you have other payware planes with FMC's such as the Level-D or Flight Planners such as FS-Build or FS Commander 9 there are monthly, updates for those as well. You don't need to spend 20 credits for each plane or planner. It is just 20 credits a month for everything. Keeping your AIRACS up to date is a must for any serious flight simmer especially if your flying on a network with ATC online. They will expect you to have the latest SIDs, Stars and Procedures. http://www.navdata.at/

Are there alternative freeware programs that will let me plan and save the flight plan in pmdg format? Cheers
FS Commander can save in PMDG format. You can try it for free, but I think you cannot save flight plans in the free version. Henri

Henri Arsenault

I think Electronic Flight Bag from Aivlasoft is absolutely the 'dogs danglies'.
I agree it is a really great product, but the one thing it doesn't do (currently) is save a flight plan in a format the NGX can read. Which is where this thread began smile.png