Sign in to follow this  
qantas747

2D main panel problems

Hey guys, Yesterday I finally bought the absolutely amazing 737 NGX of yours. Everything works really well for me apart from the 2D main panel. All other 2D panels work perfectly, just the main panel. Pic below. o6d9c1.jpg Hope you guys can help, tell me if I have doubled up on another topic, tried searching for another one and nothing came up. Thanks, Oliver Benton

Oliver Benton

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Sorry, have the NGX since day one, but haven't looked at the 2d panels yet. (Fly exclusively in VC)

I have gotten that exact image before. It usually happened to me after I was in the middle of a flight, had a system crash and then came back and tried to reload the last save point in my flight. I have never really had much of a problem with the MD-11 or 747-400 and the Built in Autosave of FSUIPC but with the 737-NGX it is often hit or miss. I have FSUIPC AutoSave set to save every 15 mins and save 4 copies. So that gives me 4 copies of my current flight during any given hour. Sometimes loading the last save gives me the above image. So what I do then is load the one before that. Somtimes it works sometimes it doesn't. In the most extreme cases I have loaded the 747-400 or MD-11x in the Air first then exited and reloaded a saved flight and then it worked. If you do get it to work and say your last save was about 30 min behind. All you gotta do is do 8x speed offline until your fsx clock matches the Zulu time. http://www.zulutime.net/ then log back on to the network and your right where you would have been as if you had not crashed at all. That is provided you had set fsx clock correctly to zulu time before you departed. Should always set your FSX clock to ZULU time before Departure.

I dont have a full version of FSUIPC so I dont think I can save with it, besides I don't use it. It happens when I start up the flight, every flight. I will download the hotfix to see if it helps Oliver Benton

Oliver Benton

Nup, hot fix didnt help, any other ideas?

that would normally happen during the initialization but i'm not sure about the HUD being there
it has just been put over the vc explaining the HUD which you can see behind the panel, tried it in cockpit mode without VC and still the same.

Oliver Benton

Looks to me light a corrput in the download, with the gauges.... try and uninstall it then reinstall it with AV off ;)

Yeah I am only goin to do that as a last resource. If there is anyway without using up my downloads then I will do that.

Oliver Benton

Just to get something clear my friend, the actual 2D panel does it look like that all the time or just when you first load the aircraft..??

Hope you guys can help, tell me if I have doubled up on another topic, tried searching for another one and nothing came up.
This issue appears because you're trying to bring up the panel by pressing Shift+1. You should switch to this panel by pressing "A" several times (inside VC). This will allow the panel to init correctly and after that you could use Shift+1 too.

Artem Crum, EASA PPL
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
LINDA Lua Integrated Non-complex Device Assigning
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

This issue appears because you're trying to bring up the panel by pressing Shift+1. You should switch to this panel by pressing "A" several times (inside VC). This will allow the panel to init correctly and after that you could use Shift+1 too.
Will try that
Just to get something clear my friend, the actual 2D panel does it look like that all the time or just when you first load the aircraft..??
It looks like that all the time.

Oliver Benton

Yeah I am only goin to do that as a last resource. If there is anyway without using up my downloads then I will do that.
Why don't you save your first download file, or even better burn it to a CD???That way you can install as many times as you like! Cheers,

I have this exact problem, and an open support ticket - it's suggested by PMDG that it is part of the activation problem (a failure to initialise the panel, if memory serves). I'm hoping it should be fixed when the activation issue is.

Paul Skol

I have this exact problem, and an open support ticket - it's suggested by PMDG that it is part of the activation problem (a failure to initialise the panel, if memory serves). I'm hoping it should be fixed when the activation issue is.
Ok, I might go and open a support ticket aswell, maybe they might know something that could help. If there sometihing I will post it here.

Oliver Benton