Sign in to follow this  
regulate

SimSaavy question

It is mentioned on your website that you have found 1/2 meter aerials of the US, including Alaska and Hawaii. Does this mean you have source data to make 1M resolution photo scenery for the entire state of Alaska? If so, I think if you got on this you would have a lot of sales on your hands in my opinion. Big coverage area I know, but what a great product that would be. Brian S.

I understand that is the plan. Just takes time and a lot of crunching. Ray

When Pigs Fly . Ray Marshall .

I'm full of bad news today. I bought the aerials from EarthOnDrive. They do not really have Alaska & Hawaii and now that is my problem.They only had terrain data for Hawaii not aerials. I can get some from another commercial source but they will probably have to be freeware for that reason.They do have Alaska 1 meter in 1990 black & white. He claims they have a colorizing technique but I have little faith in that.They did have four counties in color but three were lousy color and the fourth was the size of 1/4 of Rhode Island.I will explore my options further before sending out a retraction. When it comes I will make good to my customers for my failure.And thank you for bringing it up.

Larry Woodson is a pioneer in the Microsoft Flight Simulator community. He has accomplished what no other has, continuous photoreal coverage of the United States. No longer do lovers of photoreal scenery have to spend endless hours searching file libraries for photoreal scenery. No longer does the thrill of flying over the "real world" have to end because one has flown out of the tiny photoreal scenery areas created by others. Larry has created a business model which values his customers first, and above all. He makes himself personally available to his customers by phone and/or email. If you love photoreal scenery, and I know you do, then SimSavvy will fulfill your dreams to fly over the real world, and provide you with the highest level of customer service/appreciation.

Larry Woodson is a pioneer in the Microsoft Flight Simulator community. He has accomplished what no other has, continuous photoreal coverage of the United States. No longer do lovers of photoreal scenery have to spend endless hours searching file libraries for photoreal scenery. No longer does the thrill of flying over the "real world" have to end because one has flown out of the tiny photoreal scenery areas created by others. Larry has created a business model which values his customers first, and above all. He makes himself personally available to his customers by phone and/or email. If you love photoreal scenery, and I know you do, then SimSavvy will fulfill your dreams to fly over the real world, and provide you with the highest level of customer service/appreciation.
I agree. Are you Larry's mother? Ha.

When Pigs Fly . Ray Marshall .

I agree. As a sim-savvy customer, I am thrilled with quality of the product, and the distribution of the scenery on USB hard drives like a chain letter seems to be working well. I also give Larry props for customer service and availability. Blindmelon

For what it's worth--Taylor Newport has photo scenery of most of Hawaii (all except the Big Island and Oahu). Mega Scenery has Oahu. To me, it's no big deal, and I hope I speak for others that it's OK you couldn't get Alaska and Hawaii. What you are doing is so far ahead of the industry, that this is extremely minor. Just keep doing what you are doing and forget about those states....when available, fine.Rick

For what it's worth--Taylor Newport has photo scenery of most of Hawaii (all except the Big Island and Oahu). Mega Scenery has Oahu. To me, it's no big deal, and I hope I speak for others that it's OK you couldn't get Alaska and Hawaii. What you are doing is so far ahead of the industry, that this is extremely minor. Just keep doing what you are doing and forget about those states....when available, fine.Rick
Hi, I agree with you. It is not Larry's fault. It is no big deal , 48 states in high resolution is already way beyond what I , and probbably most of us, thought would ever be possible. Larry, keep on working on the remaining states, don't worry about this unexpected problem!!

Sorry to be off topic but I could never find an answer to this but does SimSaavy photo real come with any night textures if not at night what happens is everything dark or do the default night textures come back on? ThanksJohn

JetLine Systems Gravity GT2-Windows 10 Home Edition (64-Bit), NZXT H500 Mid-Tower, Black, Gigabyte Aorus Z390 PRO WIFI, LGA 1151, Intel 9th Gen Core i9 9900K (5.0GHz Turbo) 8 Core / 16 Thread, Corsair Hydro H60 120mm Liquid Cooling, 32GB Corsair DDR4 SDRAM 3000MHz RGB, 8GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 2070, GDDR6, 750 Watt Corsair RM Series Power Supply, 5.1 Channel Realtek Integrated HD Audio, Primary SSD Drive:1TB Samsung 970 EVO, M.2 NVMe PCIe (SSD), Secondary SSD Drive:2TB Samsung 970 EVO, M.2 NVMe PCIe (SSD) 4TB WD Black 7200 RPM Mechanical , SimOn Solutions 737 Professional Compact Trainer (MIP, OH). CFY 737 Max Motorized TQ Gold V3, MSFS2020, ProSim 737. 45" Samsung 4K TV.

No night textures on Sim Savvy. Just go to Global Scenery and disable the state you are flying in. The default will provide the night lights, etc. Also, UTX is a great program for night flying as well as roads and traffic. That program also works well when using Sim Savvy.

I have a question about the new upgrade resolution (50 cm aerial source). Since the default FXS texture resolution is 1 meter per pixel will the new data be resampled at 50 cm or is this just what the source is. I was always put off from the old product by the poor resolution, but hearing of the new upgrades got me very interested and excited at the possibility of 1.5 feet per pixel coverage.. I have been looking at the shots on the website and some look rather nice, but would love to see some at lower altitudes also.

Best, Michael

KDFW

I have a question about the new upgrade resolution (50 cm aerial source). Since the default FXS texture resolution is 1 meter per pixel will the new data be resampled at 50 cm or is this just what the source is. I was always put off from the old product by the poor resolution, but hearing of the new upgrades got me very interested and excited at the possibility of 1.5 feet per pixel coverage.. I have been looking at the shots on the website and some look rather nice, but would love to see some at lower altitudes also.
hi My understanding is that the source data is 50 cm and the upgrade is resampled at 1 m. The cockpit view screen shot is taken at 400 ft AGL, the other one at 800 ft AGL. As you can see, it is very very good. Imagine having the entire 48 states at this resolution!!!! You can't be wrong buying this gem. it is really worth it. Take care

Thanks for the info and the shots, they do look good. I am d/ling a sample at the moment to check out. I do photoscenery on a smaller scale, islands, small areas and airports and am really spoiled with ultra high resolution combined with water masks and custom autogen, but I think this might actually work for me when at altitude, thanks again.

Best, Michael

KDFW