Sign in to follow this  
Sorelimbs

Flight Aware IFR Routes

Hi, on a previous post that i can't find a few people suggested to use the website Flight Aware to find IFR routes etc to then use in the sim to recreate real world flights. I have registered at the site and i goto Pilot Resources and select the link that says "Recently Used IFR Routes" it says it can display all the details of any flight form the last 24 hours. I have tried several airports such as EHAM to EGLL but no info is displayed? Can anyone help? am i doing something wrong here? I know this is a tenuous post for this forum but you guys are the only people i know in the whole world that use this stuff for this particular sim. Regards Phil Brewer

FlightAware is only useful for flights that originate in the USA. They advertise that it's really only for flights that takeoff and land in the USA, but you can usually get good international routes from flights that depart the US.

Flightaware routes are for North America. You can use vRoute or routefinder for Europe.

If you want real world flight plans, then you can go here as well: http://www.edi-gla.co.uk/fpl/
If you use those, be sure to look at the submission date. Many are old and may not work with the navdata in the NGX.