Sign in to follow this  
jpchabert

I knew it... freeze problem

Why fix something that's not broken ? My NGX was working perfectly with no hot fixes. Yesterday night, I installed hotfix 3 and everything seemed fine. This morning, GCLP --> LPPT, 300 nm from destination, everything froze, but the aircraft stayed on course. No way to get it back running again. No FPS problems, nothing. I clocked more than 60 hours of flight without the hotfix with not a single problem. Hotfix 3 was installed and that happened. I should have waited for an SP and not installed this fix. My advice for anyone who hasn't installed the hotfix and doesn't have any problem is WAIT FOR AN SP and DON'T INSTALL the hotfix. Plain and simple.

Guest Turboblower

I downloaded again which included HF3, all good. Smooth as!!

I love people that because something didn't work for them, they write in bold.."DON'T BUY XYZ BECAUSE IT WILL DESTROY YOUR HOUSE IT DID DESTROY MINE, BUT NOT THE OTHER 6.9BILLION USING IT!"Killer :(

Regards,
Jamaljé Bassue

Why fix something that's not broken ? My NGX was working perfectly with no hot fixes. Yesterday night, I installed hotfix 3 and everything seemed fine. This morning, GCLP --> LPPT, 300 nm from destination, everything froze, but the aircraft stayed on course. No way to get it back running again. No FPS problems, nothing. I clocked more than 60 hours of flight without the hotfix with not a single problem. Hotfix 3 was installed and that happened. I should have waited for an SP and not installed this fix. My advice for anyone who hasn't installed the hotfix and doesn't have any problem is WAIT FOR AN SP and DON'T INSTALL the hotfix. Plain and simple.
And my advice for people telling others how PMDG should run there business, and deciding if PMDG's hot fixes are mandatory are not is to go sit in the naughty corner for the next decade.

Haven't needed to use any hot fixes, as you said don't fix something that's not broken.

Haven't needed to use any hot fixes, as you said don't fix something that's not broken.
And by not updating with hotfixes, you are therefore opting out of the beta testing for SP1, which means that when SP1 comes around, if you have a issue, I'm certainly not going to help you.

I downloaded again which included HF3, all good. Smooth as!!
Good for you ! smile.png Just to clear it up : my NGX is also very, very smooth, and I'm getting great FPS. The product itself has been working great so far. BUT, 1.5 hours of flight after installing HF3, I got a freeze. Whereas I never got one in the previous 60 hours of flight. Maybe it's unrelated, who knows !
I love people that because something didn't work for them, they write in bold.."DON'T BUY XYZ BECAUSE IT WILL DESTROY YOUR HOUSE IT DID DESTROY MINE, BUT NOT THE OTHER 6.9BILLION USING IT!"Killer tongue.png
It wasn't all caps, though. But yes, I guess I'm part of that group.
And my advice for people telling others how PMDG should run there business, and deciding if PMDG's hot fixes are mandatory are not is to go sit in the naughty corner for the next decade.
Thanks for the advice. I don't see where I told anyone how PMDG should run their business though ? Where have I said that PMDG should do anything about anything ? I just gave advice as to what I believe in my very personal opinion people should do if they have no problem without the hot fixes - end of. That's what a piece of advice is used for, right ? Not telling people what to do, or what they should do. Just telling people that if I were them, I would do this or that. I don't see what's wrong with that. Maybe you, with your apparent wisdom, could enlighten me.
Exactly my point. I shouldn't have tried to fix what wasn't broken, because apparently (I have yet to fly it again though), I did end up breaking it.

And by not updating with hotfixes, you are therefore opting out of the beta testing for SP1, which means that when SP1 comes around, if you have a issue, I'm certainly not going to help you.
I was implying that the OP should not have gone ahead and applied the hot fix if he wasn't having issues. And also i don't really care if i get to beta test SP1, quite frankly i am quite happy with how the NGX is, i have had 0 problems smile.png

Who said anyone needed your help ? Are you a member of the PMDG staff by any chance ?

{sigh} Just waiting to see this one :-

The PMDG 737NGX runs just fine on my computer, I have absolutely NO Problems, everything is fine, so I refuse to install any Hot Fixes --- but I just have two simple questions. (1) How do I start the Engines ?(2) Whats with this FMC thing ? I never use it. I think it's far too complicated and unnecessary ! ProAirlinePilot1999
Geoff

{sigh} Just waiting to see this one :- Geoff
Hahaha +1

Well, I am having no problems (I.e, nothing is bothering me, even if minor technical inconsistencies are there) with the release date version. I haven't patched and don't plan to until SP1.Why? Because I don't want to trade 1 problem for 10. Trevor MooreCPL, Multi, ATP, 5,000+ hrs. (I.e., I know what I'm doing with the CDU thingy, and I know how to turn the big shiny motors on.)

We are not beta testers, and we did not buy beta version. Btw, I installed latest hotfix

I gotta be honest NGX, I'm not sure I follow Trevor

I gotta be honest NGX, I'm not sure I follow Trevor
What I'm saying is, PMDG have said that these Hotfixes are mandatory for all users. So why should we give support to people who are on the original install if they are going to ignore what PMDG say?