Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

kpop1364

Is there a 2D cockpit?

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hey I don't think so it has a 2d cockpit, you can check it with the "S" key check CTRL+1 +2 till 9 or SHIFT+A

Yes it has a full 2D and 3D cockpit.
I did not see the 2d pit in frnds rig , how come.

I'm not following you? The NGX has a full 2D cockpit and 3D virtual cockpit?

I'm not following you? The NGX has a full 2D cockpit and 3D virtual cockpit?
Friends got the NGX , but we didn't see the 2d pit.

I did not see the 2d pit in frnds rig , how come.
Well, if you are in 3d cockpit, then you cannot see the 2d cockpit. While on main 3d view, hit shift-A and that'll get you to the 2d cockpit. Then, as said, you can toggle the rest of the panels.Answer: It does have a 2d cockpit (except for the pedestal)

Well, if you are in 3d cockpit, then you cannot see the 2d cockpit. While on main 3d view, hit shift-A and that'll get you to the 2d cockpit. Then, as said, you can toggle the rest of the panels.Answer: It does have a 2d cockpit (except for the pedestal)
ah those panels which show up, usually in fs9 pess "S" and you get the 2d panel in most of the crafts.

ah those panels which show up, usually in fs9 pess "S" and you get the 2d panel in most of the crafts.
That changed some 7 years ago... you know, with the release of FSX.

That changed some 7 years ago... you know, with the release of FSX.
Nope didn't know tht.

2 keyboard shortcuts worth remembering !! F9 = VC F10 = 2D cockpit Fred.

Sorry. Complete minus 5 controls. Throttles, flaps, fuel cutoff, spoilers & trim. All of which are either controlled by autopilot/autothrottle, or controlled by key presses. Ie. F3/F2, F6/F7.

'S' to change a whole view. ie.S (Cycle view forward) = Internal views (ie. Virtual Cockpit and 2D Panels)S (Cycle view forward) = External ViewsShift + S (Cycle view backward) = Tower viewsEtc 'A' to change a view with-in a view.ie.VirtualCockpit

• 1xA (Cycle view forward) = First Officer Panel
  • 2xA (Cycle view forward) = Overhead, not in order btw.
  • Shift + A (Cycle view backward) = 2D, but it depends on how far you are in the chain, try it and see if it works out.

Sorry. Complete minus 5 controls. Throttles, flaps, fuel cutoff, spoilers & trim. All of which are either controlled by autopilot/autothrottle, or controlled by key presses. Ie. F3/F2, F6/F7.
I start to think that pmdg pays you an wage to talk on behalf of them! LOL.gifLOL.gif

It has a full 3D cockpit and incomplete 2D cockpit. The Center pedestal, for whatever crazy reason, is not modeled in 2D, so you'll have to use a key shortcut or go to the 3D cockpit to access the trim and fuel flow switches.

I start to think that pmdg pays you an wage to talk on behalf of them! LOL.gifLOL.gif
I wish. PMDG? you listening? I'll take my payment as your addons! Okay? Thanks!

Indeed, there is no throttle/center console with the 2D panels. Also note that the 2D cockpit is designed for a 16:9 widescreen monitor. Although "functional" on a traditional 4:3 monitor, it may require adjusting panel positions and sizes to bring the 2D cockpits into proper aspect ratio. -Greg