Sign in to follow this  
Hash

New in Scenery Design

Hi, I am looking for a tutorial on the Sbuilder but I can't find it here. Is there a link where I can find it. How do I exclude or get rid of bushes and trees around airports/fields and runways in FSX, with the auto gen slider to normal or higher? The airports are FS9. There are FS9 scenery that work well in FSX but there are some that didn't such as Airfileds can't be seen in the place where it should be while it is shown in the GPS Will SBuilder be doing that? Appreciate any help Thanks Hash

Guest ANTONIS

HiI am new to Scenery Design and would some help. I make an experimet with an object from an existing library. I change the colurs of the object and put again to the library and it's ok. So now i would like to make a new library with some objects that i will change some details and i would like to have them in a new library. How i can make this? I have save the images in JPEG. , DXT3. and in BMP. format. How i can make XML. files from thease images and how i can make MDL. files with new GUID number?.Thank you in advance for any helpful replay.Best regards to all from Greece.Antonis

Hello. First, note that the flight sim community and developers are very sensitive about taking models and modifying them. Of course for your own use you can do what you want, but if you start making mods and uploading or otherwise sharing them you might find people getting angry. If you get permission form the author first, you should be OK (just mention that permission in a "readme" file so there isn't a question). Having said that, what you want to do is possible with a couple of tools. One is ModelConverterX and the other is LibraryCreatorXML. Both require you to have installed the FSX SDK found on the Deluxe, Accel, or Gold install DVDs. You may also need to obtain the service packs from MS. Support for these programs is available on the fsdeveloper.com site. scott s..

Guest ANTONIS

Thank you very much for your replay. I am not uploading or my scenery to no one. I am trying to make a scenery for the Tanagra AFB (Greek Air Force base) just for me. The scenery is for FS2004 and i have installed these two tools but i think that i am doing something wrong. Because when i am trying to use the ModelConvertorX aske me for the XML. file of thE object. Where is this file or how i can create this? I can use the existing MDL. file of the original obejct ?How i can start?Thank you again.Best regardsAntonis