Sign in to follow this  
Patrick1246

many questions for real pilots

Good day, I have many questions for real pilots, I would appreciate some answers. -when i can push the APU GEN's to ON, on taxi or on blocks ? -for engine start, is only the APU Bleed on or the Engine Bleed too, for Dual Bleed ?-when is a IRS Alignment reconomend, after each flight ? -how does a quick alignment ?-When can I open the isolation valves when on blocks or bebor push ? -On Turnaround what will turn off ? HYD Pumps, Fuel Pumps, Pack's, Bleed's, Recirc Fan's, IFE/PASS and CAB/UTIL ? regards from SwitzerlandPatrick

Patrick Tinner

Good day, I have many questions for real pilots, I would appreciate some answers. -when i can push the APU GEN's to ON, on taxi or on blocks ?-for engine start, is only the APU Bleed on or the Engine Bleed too, for Dual Bleed ?-when is a IRS Alignment reconomend, after each flight ?-how does a quick alignment ?-When can I open the isolation valves when on blocks or bebor push ?-On Turnaround what will turn off ? HYD Pumps, Fuel Pumps, Pack's, Bleed's, Recirc Fan's, IFE/PASS and CAB/UTIL ? regards from SwitzerlandPatrick
-Switch over to APU gen when ground/external power is unavailable, and the engines are off.-For a full start up procedure and checklist, refer to the documentation provided.-Isolation valves are open while at the stand, switched to auto before takeoff-Electrical Hyd pumps off (not eng), fuel pumps off, Packs normal, Engine bleed off, APU bleed on, Recirc fans off, temperatures auto

-Switch over to APU gen when ground/external power is unavailable, and the engines are off.-For a full start up procedure and checklist, refer to the documentation provided.-Isolation valves are open while at the stand, switched to auto before takeoff-Electrical Hyd pumps off (not eng), fuel pumps off, Packs normal, Engine bleed off, APU bleed on, Recirc fans off, temperatures auto
Di, wow you are a real life pilot ?

Ryzen 5 1600x - 16GB DDR4 - RTX 3050 8GB - MSI Gaming Plus

Di, wow you are a real life pilot ?
I wish. No. Just know that because I've read the tutorials/checklists many times haha
Thank you very much, -When is PACK High reconemend ? Hight temperatur or Passenger number
I'd assume high temperature, high humidity etc. Not sure though.

I wish. No. Just know that because I've read the tutorials/checklists many times haha
That's requires a lot patience even for once, nice going though.

Ryzen 5 1600x - 16GB DDR4 - RTX 3050 8GB - MSI Gaming Plus

Some things aren't right there in the other response: -APU gens are turned on after parking but before engine shutdown according to the normal procedures in the FCOM1. Makes sense - if you shut the engines down first you're going to have a break in electrical power. -Engines are started in the dual bleed configuration per FCOM1 normals. APU bleed is turned off after start. -IRS alignment is not usually required on every flight unless the plane is completely shut down, which is not normal unless it's the last flight of the day. This is probably going to vary with individual airline SOPs though. -The Fast Realignment procedure is on page SP.11.3 of FCOM1. (Supplemental Procedures section)

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Guest tonyf38

Correct Ryan, that's why you have to start the APU while taxiing to the gate ..

Some things aren't right there in the other response: -APU gens are turned on after parking but before engine shutdown according to the normal procedures in the FCOM1. Makes sense - if you shut the engines down first you're going to have a break in electrical power.
Well I know when I used operate the 737 Classics, we'd turn the APU Gen's on just before turning into the gate, but yes as Ryan say's, definitely before engine shut down.If doing a single engine taxi, which was rare in those days, once the APU was ready, we'd bring the generators online and the bleed as well then shut down the engine, to reduce the strain on the one remaining engine as you have to operate it at near idle for a few minutes before shuting it down to prolong its life...

Rónán O Cadhain.

sig_FSLBetaTester.jpg

Some things aren't right there in the other response: -APU gens are turned on after parking but before engine shutdown according to the normal procedures in the FCOM1. Makes sense - if you shut the engines down first you're going to have a break in electrical power. -Engines are started in the dual bleed configuration per FCOM1 normals. APU bleed is turned off after start. -IRS alignment is not usually required on every flight unless the plane is completely shut down, which is not normal unless it's the last flight of the day. This is probably going to vary with individual airline SOPs though. -The Fast Realignment procedure is on page SP.11.3 of FCOM1. (Supplemental Procedures section)
Totaly right, but pilots prefer to align the IRS before each flight because it ''Drifts''. So if it doesn't perform a position update during line up you can get serious problems...