Sign in to follow this  
jlovemark

Multiple DLL's causing CTD--

Hi all, I have experienced 5 different types of CTD's in the past few days:gdiplus.dllntdll.dllxuipc.dllg3d.dllmsucr80.dll I installed a new video card last week. Went from 5870 to a GTX580. Followed all correct steps, used driver sweeper in safe mode etc. I never had any CTD's before the GPU switch so it seems like it would be the possible card. Although, not being a computer whiz, I am really not sure what these modules do or why they are faulty, even after a few google searches. I have reinstalled the current NVIDIA drivers and hasn't helped. All 5 crashes have been with the NGX but during different routes. Any help would be much appreciated and I'll give anything a try.JamesJust attempted another flight with the default CRJ and got this CTD:Visualfx.dll

Edited by jlovemark

Guest firehawk44
Hi all, I have experienced 5 different types of CTD's in the past few days:gdiplus.dllntdll.dllxuipc.dllg3d.dllmsucr80.dll I installed a new video card last week. Went from 5870 to a GTX580. Followed all correct steps, used driver sweeper in safe mode etc. I never had any CTD's before the GPU switch so it seems like it would be the possible card. Although, not being a computer whiz, I am really not sure what these modules do or why they are faulty, even after a few google searches. I have reinstalled the current NVIDIA drivers and hasn't helped. All 5 crashes have been with the NGX but during different routes. Any help would be much appreciated and I'll give anything a try.James Just attempted another flight with the default CRJ and got this CTD:Visualfx.dll
Is your system overclocked? If it's not properly overclocked, those are the type of errors you will get. Memory voltages is the main cause. Best regards,Jim

Hi Jim, The CPU is overclocked and has been for over a year but I've only been having CTD's in the past week. Never had any issues before last week. Should I reinstall FSX? Just had a Terrain.dll CTD. Not really sure what to do.Thank you,James

Guest firehawk44
Hi Jim, The CPU is overclocked and has been for over a year but I've only been having CTD's in the past week. Never had any issues before last week. Should I reinstall FSX? Just had a Terrain.dll CTD. Not really sure what to do. Thank you,James
It's not FSX. Just a simple thing with memory voltages in the bios will crash FSX when extensive resources are being used. You have several different type of files causing the crashes so that's why I think it's a problem with memory or memory settings or memory voltages. I have a system similar to yours and believe me I have had these types of errors showing up suddenly and I was able to fix it by resetting my memory settings in the bios. I ran all the stability tests too and everyone said my system was stable. As I recall I lowered the voltages on my memory to 1.40 and that was the fix for me. You might want to run the Windows Memory Diagnostic (in the Administrative Tools section). Unfortunately it could be the CPU voltage setting too. One way to 'fairly' quickly test my theory is to reset your system to normal operations or the default bios settings (no overclocking) and see if that fixes the problem. One last suggestion: since you just installed a new video card and drivers, you might check the fsx.cfg and see if the new card is being properly identified. I would also try uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers using MY method: Go into the System Manager, select Display Adapters, click properties or double-click, click on the driver tab, select uninstall and, when the box comes up asking you if you want to uninstall all drivers software from your system, put a tick mark in that. Once uninstalled, restart the system then go to the C:/Nvidia folder and click on the driver execute program and reinstall your drivers. Make sure UAC is turned off and any anti-virus program is disabled. Good luck! Best regards,Jim

I don't think I am the best OCer and I get none of these. I used to but it was a software problem. Occasionally I will get a crash from PMDG_737_NGX.dll but I don't know weather that is a OC problem, I don't think so. My RAM is already at 1.5 so I don't think it should go higher.

Guest firehawk44
I don't think I am the best OCer and I get none of these. I used to but it was a software problem. Occasionally I will get a crash from PMDG_737_NGX.dll but I don't know weather that is a OC problem, I don't think so. My RAM is already at 1.5 so I don't think it should go higher.
I could be totally wrong but logic says it's a system problem vs software problem as this does not happen to everyone. This problem has nothing to do with how much memory or how much computing power but how the system was set up. I had my memory overclocked at 1.5 once and was getting occasional FSX crashes so I lowered it to 1.4 and the problem has gone away since that was done. I think FSX should be turned into the next Prime95 system stability test. LOL. Best regards,Jim

Hello jlovemark,as I cannot read what components you are using, here some suggestions to get grip of the situation.Start following the checklist here followed by the Troubleshooting page.It will take some time, but eventually you get a view what's happening.Reset your system to the BIOS default. When that situation is stable, you may want to over-clockRegardsJan

I opened my FSX.CFG file and noticed that my ATI Card was still being recognized under Display, but towards the bottom, there was a listing for my NVIDIA Card as well. Does anyone mind taking a look at it and maybe they can find some of the underlying issues?Thank you,James// This file was tweaked on Aug 09, 2011 at 18:41 GMT using Bojote's automated FSX Tweaking & Tuning Service// Your 'original' fsx.txt file was backed up at http://www.venetubo.com/fsx/9ef65cc964ed66b697a0db4098ebdb7b/backup/fsx_backup.cfg// This file is optimized as follows: 16 core(s), CPU speed 3, HT 0, GPU 4, PREF 2// You can visit Bojote's FSX Tweaking & Tuning service at http://www.venetubo.com/fsx.html[MAPVIEW_MAP]SHOW_AIRPORTS=1SHOW_AIRSPACE=0SHOW_APPROACHES=1SHOW_DATATAGS=1SHOW_FLIGHTPLAN=1SHOW_INTERSECTIONS=0SHOW_JET=0SHOW_NDBS=0SHOW_TERRAIN=1SHOW_VICTOR=0SHOW_VORS=1SHOW_WEATHERSTATIONS=0SHOW_WEATHERSYSTEMS=0show_flight_history=1[RWW_WEATHER_MAP]SHOW_AIRPORTS=0SHOW_AIRSPACE=0SHOW_APPROACHES=0SHOW_DATATAGS=1SHOW_FLIGHTPLAN=1SHOW_INTERSECTIONS=0SHOW_JET=0SHOW_NDBS=0SHOW_TERRAIN=1SHOW_VICTOR=0SHOW_VORS=0SHOW_WEATHERSTATIONS=1SHOW_WEATHERSYSTEMS=1[bufferPools]RejectThreshold=131072[VirtualCopilot]VirtualCopilotActive=0[sOUND]AmbientUI=1AmbientUIMusic=FSX03AmbientUIMusicVolume=-6.000000PrimaryDevice={DEF00000-9C6D-47ED-AAF1-4DDA8F2B5C03}SOUND=1SOUND_FADER1=0.420000SOUND_FADER2=0.800000SOUND_FADER3=0.280000SOUND_FADER4=1.000000SOUND_LOD=1SOUND_QUALITY=2UISound=1VoiceDevice={DEF00002-9C6D-47ED-AAF1-4DDA8F2B5C03}[slewTextInfo.1]AirSpeed=1,5Altitude=1,3Heading=1,4Latitude=1,1Longitude=1,2[AContain]LabelColor=FFFF0000LabelDelay=1000ShowLabelAirline=0ShowLabelAirlineAndFlightNumber=0ShowLabelAirspeed=1ShowLabelAltitude=1ShowLabelContainerId=0ShowLabelDistance=1ShowLabelFlightPlan=1ShowLabelHeading=0ShowLabelManufacturer=0ShowLabelModel=1ShowLabelTailNumber=0ShowLabels=0ShowUserLabel=0[ATC]AutoOpenAirTrafficWindow=0COMM_MSG_AI_ATC_COLOR=FFFF7840COMM_MSG_ATC_AI_COLOR=FF00FF00COMM_MSG_ATC_USER_COLOR=FFB6FFB6COMM_MSG_NONE_COLOR=FFFFFFFFCOMM_MSG_USER_ATC_COLOR=FFFFD21BPilotVoice=262144ShowATCText=0UsePilotVoice=1[TextInfo.1]AirSpeed=1,5Altitude=1,3Heading=1,4Latitude=1,1Longitude=1,2WindDirectionAndSpeed=1,6[AccelerationPack]ControlsFirstRun=0HomePageFirstRun=0[iNTERNATIONAL]ASLAT=2ASLON=1MEASURE=0[CONTROLS]Controls_Current=StandardControls_Default=StandardKBDAIL=64KBDELEV=64KBDRUD=64[FACILITIES]CITY=COUNTRY=GTL_BUTTON=1244STATE=[TextInfo.3]AirSpeed=1,5Altitude=1,3FrameRate=2,1FuelPercentage=2,4GForce=2,3Heading=1,4Latitude=1,1LockedFrameRate=2,2Longitude=1,2WindDirectionAndSpeed=1,6[PointOfInterestSystem]CycleSetting=0[DISPLAY.Device.ATI Radeon HD 5800 Series.0]Mode=1920x1200x32Anisotropic=1[GRAPHICS]AC_SELF_SHADOW=1AIRCRAFT_REFLECTIONS=1AIRCRAFT_SHADOWS=0ALLOW_SHADER_30=1COCKPIT_HIGH_LOD=1D3D10=0EFFECTS_QUALITY=0GROUND_SHADOWS=0HIGHMEMFIX=1IMAGE_QUALITY=0LANDING_LIGHTS=1NUM_LIGHTS=8See_Self=1TEXTURE_MAX_LOAD=1024TEXTURE_QUALITY=3Text_Scroll=1SHADER_CACHE_PRIMED_10=1693500672SHADER_CACHE_PRIMED=1693500672[TrafficManager]AIRPORT_SCENERY_DENSITY=5AirlineDensity=0FreewayDensity=0GADensity=0IFROnly=0LeisureBoatsDensity=0ShipsAndFerriesDensity=0[DynamicHeadMovement]HeadMoveTimeConstant=1.000000LonAccelOnHeadLon=-0.020000LonAccelOnHeadPitch=-0.010000MaxHeadAngle=5.000000MaxHeadOffset=0.300000RollAccelOnHeadLat=0.010000RollAccelOnHeadRoll=0.100000YawAccelOnHeadLat=-0.100000[REALISM]AllowEngineDamage=FalseAutoCoord=FalseAutoTrim=FalseCrashDetection=FalseCrashTolerance=1.000000CrashWithDyn=FalseGEffect=TrueGeneral=1.000000GyroDrift=FalseGyroEffect=1.000000ManualLights=TruePFactor=1.000000RealMixture=TrueStressDamage=FalseTorque=1.000000TrueAirspeed=FalseUnlimitedFuel=False[Weather]AdjustForMagVarInDialog=1CLOUD_COVERAGE_DENSITY=8CLOUD_DRAW_DISTANCE=8DETAILED_CLOUDS=1DisableTurbulence=1DownloadWindsAloft=1DynamicWeather=2MaxGustRampSpeed=200MaxGustTime=500MaxVarRampSpeed=75MaxVarTime=50MinGustRampSpeed=1MinGustTime=10MinVarRampSpeed=10MinVarTime=5THERMAL_VISUALS=0TurbulenceScale=1.000000WeatherGraphDataInDialog=0WeatherServerAddress=fs2k.zone.comWeatherServerPort=80WindshieldPrecipitationEffects=1[Misc]Com_Rate=7[Main]HideMenuFullscreen=1HideMenuNormal=0Location=440,211,1480,989,\\.\DISPLAY1Maximized=1SimObjectPaths.0=SimObjects\AirplanesSimObjectPaths.1=SimObjects\RotorcraftSimObjectPaths.2=SimObjects\GroundVehiclesSimObjectPaths.3=SimObjects\BoatsSimObjectPaths.4=SimObjects\AnimalsSimObjectPaths.5=SimObjects\MiscSimObjectPaths.6=SimObjects\UT2 AircraftUser Objects=Airplane, HelicopterProcSpeed=8530PerfBucket=7[Trusted]C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\GAUGES\737-400.DLL.qthcucolluhaqqretztoceoubluziralbalwlukh=2C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\GAUGES\Bell_206B.DLL.ceqccqcrbkcqhqhuwctnwhkunnwnucecltiqtqtt=2C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\GAUGES\Bell_206B.DLL.niketkhoarziuehhqrcetqookrnhwabonulabqzz=2C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\GAUGES\Bendix_King_Radio.DLL.otwibuqlctactwoqllweakeertnkubobthhqrzlq=2C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\GAUGES\Bendix_King_Radio.DLL.takucclqiacrolcazniohwnhrkurezhbiztzhbnl=2C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\GAUGES\BoeingGeneric.DLL.eianibolnnkkrzhaiiribekzrnlwabkoraoiqqaa=2C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\GAUGES\Cessna.DLL.cbwenobehcecnlnkherktbqqnlinchauelwrbnaq=2C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\GAUGES\Cessna.DLL.unhhralneuhowriununztzourknllnzqoqebhkno=2C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\GAUGES\Cessna172.DLL.aentnlnarcbwhrthkohwcnneazbzbkrqhezricqh=2C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\GAUGES\Cessna172.DLL.cbaqitbwrcooriiiauaclnkbabrkktwhcocrrncr=2C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\GAUGES\Cessna182s.DLL.kinhubzzknoelibalzznolkqqilolrlhhkieubbu=2C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\GAUGES\Cessna182s.DLL.ooluubczhuibqoaawqwuzqncwltqttborqrtqaot=2C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\GAUGES\CessnaWAlpha.DLL.iilznowzuznuwzihcecaiwokhurtznicnikcwkew=2C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\GAUGES\CessnaWAlpha.DLL.zcuohruhorleahuwbzqucwhzocnliuqebqneetiz=2C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\GAUGES\EH101.DLL.nbetbtztanrqrobkrckkzarqbkcubirickoaceht=2C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\GAUGES\Flight1_GarminG1000_510.GAU.tbonlhchwikkiuntkwcckwcuhkaneqaoktowwatz=2C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\GAUGES\KingAir.DLL.ttahickloqkaaozhqhqlqbzunzrwnkiltcicqhtw=2C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\GAUGES\KingAir_Radio.DLL.hortqezlzlrhcobhkioktqquaalatwqwwlrkerze=2C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\GAUGES\LVLD\B767Afds.GAU.iqcntotnkaqoawirclleozoeekhaciowziwzqahh=2C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\GAUGES\LVLD\B767FMC.GAU.uoklraqiqhthozrwkrhwowuicewwuazzcwhollzt=2C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\GAUGES\LVLD\B767Overhead.GAU.achutnhlunetrzuulaechkcqlnwiakwuwnuzcnot=2C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\GAUGES\LVLD\B767Radios.GAU.ahhttbaklreozbueihrrwwolrqhkhcaqbnhbozer=2C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\GAUGES\LVLD\B767at.GAU.khwrhwnqhkuqcintbqwakkkhaurrokolwbawuowa=2C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\GAUGES\LVLD\B767eadi.GAU.runkohkkkahkzzboohachaulartlttkkzwhkbnau=2C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\GAUGES\LVLD\B767ehsi.GAU.alnhalbtabutuiwuhqqrqwbchccbarkkinzuutro=2C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\GAUGES\LVLD\B767eicas.GAU.zkriwbhobrlooqbwcibrceibiruueuzhbwlbictt=2C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\GAUGES\LVLD\B767leicas.GAU.rknzzqritcihrizeblbankrzuercwbtiqhhuarih=2C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\GAUGES\LVLD\B767main.GAU.urkucotnbzbrienonbbinwcbahknioqnbioqtzwh=2C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\GAUGES\LVLD\B767oh.GAU.khqwaiclbeklhkzrhuzbltualhbqaotbceeektuc=2C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\GAUGES\LVLD\B767pedestal.GAU.kakcnozzzkoqenerruwtrkaqqbhiuulahwaicthq=2C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\GAUGES\Magnetic_Compass.DLL.inlqnoccnuozqckqontzrrirbaewqrtnclzoneuo=2C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\GAUGES\PMDG_747400_ACS.DLL.acnhiqebcneztllhwerwoihzlraeqircikhtncbr=2C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\GAUGES\PMDG_747400_Center.DLL.utuqnnutluliekitbcoataaltchekuqzeearuqao=2C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\GAUGES\PMDG_747400_Main.DLL.khucikruzreqoqnzqtulchwtrqntrzirlbqnnlhr=2C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\GAUGES\PMDG_747400_Overhead.DLL.crthaebclcknkoahlctqcliiinlhqrrztqobhqio=2C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\GAUGES\fa-18.DLL.ckhiuolowrkooehqhbticnanklanauariecrleuw=2C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Modules\FSCopilot.dll.owihoqitqezhrqtlhwtzwthriccalwlqeliztrti=1C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Modules\FSUIPC4.dll.kklkncoalqceiiwbnionauuakczrhqcchcilnnoa=1C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Modules\LVLD.dll.citweiaukkntcawzkilnzqqonirreblurzuclata=1C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\PMDG\DLLs\PMDGEvents.dll.aiwkcirreahnkunnaolzcawlqciocerroathqqoh=1C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\PMDG\DLLs\PMDGOptions.dll.icrohekibtlntwawbouqloewzrriklckeaowuoqo=1C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\PMDG\DLLs\PMDGSounds.dll.brrhliirunroctzewkaquetlcoaczqoaohonzkza=1C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\SimObjects\Airplanes\Eaglesoft Citation X 2.0 X\panel.ws\ESDG_CitationX.GAU.unalzwrizouqhnhzuauikqhiuiuucorocobelntc=2C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\SimObjects\Airplanes\Eaglesoft Citation X 2.0 X\panel.wsa\ESDG_CitationX.GAU.unalzwrizouqhnhzuauikqhiuiuucorocobelntc=2C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\SimObjects\Airplanes\Eaglesoft Citation X 2.0 X\panel\ESDG_CitationX.GAU.unalzwrizouqhnhzuauikqhiuiuucorocobelntc=2C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\\Flight One Software\Ultimate Traffic 2\UT2Services.exe.hqcurreocitthtnakzbanwuqwtkhqkhhkolhchiu=1C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\PMDG\DLLs\PMDG_HUD_interface.dll.weuczkaueentbeuqltwnzaiuoaoitkirhrblkwki=1C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\GAUGES\PMDG_737NGX.DLL.rrtbrouruburkntrztclqrcceczowqnwqizrnzlb=2C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\GAUGES\PMDG_737NGX_3.DLL.ccewkntbqkkiczbwnteulzoouiktcacntclouhiu=2C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\PMDG\DLLs\PMDG_HUD_interface.dll.ebnqurlzhrwincekuotoqrquckbozaiqobrctewz=1C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\GAUGES\PMDG_737NGX.DLL.ohzilaheaehhzoclrttaztinkbtazqwrchhnuleb=2[TextInfo.2]FrameRate=1,1FuelPercentage=1,4GForce=1,3LockedFrameRate=1,2[uSERINTERFACE]DisplayFuelAsWeight=1Map_Orientation=2OpenATCOnCreate=0PAUSE_ON_LOST_FOCUS=0PROMPT_ON_EXIT=1PageID=1SHOW_MISSION_CAPTIONS=0SITUATION=c:\users\gary\documents\flight simulator x files\default.FLTSelectAircraftManufacturer=AllSelectAircraftPublisher=AllSelectAircraftType=AllShowAllACPaintSchemes=1[sIM]SYSCLOCK=0[DISPLAY.Device.ATI Radeon HD 5800 Series.0.0]AntiAlias=1Mode=1920x1200x32TriLinear=1[Display]ActiveWindowTitleBackGroundColor=0,28,140,64ActiveWindowTitleTextColor=255,255,255BLOOM_EFFECTS=0ChangeTime=4.000000InfoBrakesEnable=TrueInfoLowerLeftBackGroundColor=255,0,0,128InfoLowerLeftTextColor=255,255,255InfoLowerRightBackGroundColor=255,0,0,128InfoLowerRightTextColor=255,255,255InfoOverspeedEnable=TrueInfoParkingBrakesEnable=TrueInfoPauseEnable=TrueInfoSlewEnable=TrueInfoStallEnable=TrueInfoUpperRightBackGroundColor=0,0,0,0InfoUpperRightTextColor=255,0,0NonActiveWindowTitleBackGroundColor=24,33,87,64NonActiveWindowTitleTextColor=255,255,255SKINNED_ANIMATIONS=0TEXTURE_BANDWIDTH_MULT=40TextureMaxLoad=30TransitionTime=4.000000UPPER_FRAMERATE_LIMIT=35WideViewAspect=True[JOBSCHEDULER]AffinityMask=57344[WeatherMap]SHOW_AIRPORTS=0SHOW_AIRSPACE=0SHOW_APPROACHES=0SHOW_DATATAGS=1SHOW_FLIGHTPLAN=1SHOW_INTERSECTIONS=0SHOW_JET=0SHOW_NDBS=0SHOW_TERRAIN=1SHOW_VICTOR=0SHOW_VORS=0SHOW_WEATHERSTATIONS=1SHOW_WEATHERSYSTEMS=1[slewTextInfo.3]AirSpeed=1,5Altitude=1,3FrameRate=2,1Heading=1,4Latitude=1,1LockedFrameRate=2,2Longitude=1,2[PANELS]DEFAULT_VIEW=0IMAGE_QUALITY=1PANEL_MASKING=1PANEL_OPACITY=100PANEL_STRETCHING=1QUICKTIPS=0UNITS_OF_MEASURE=0[sTARTUP]DEMO=0LoadWindow=1SHOW_OPENING_SCREEN=1STARTUP_DEMO=0[slewTextInfo.2]FrameRate=1,1LockedFrameRate=1,2[TERRAIN]AUTOGEN_DENSITY=5DETAIL_TEXTURE=1LOD_RADIUS=4.500000MESH_COMPLEXITY=100MESH_RESOLUTION=25SWAP_WAIT_TIMEOUT=2TEXTURE_RESOLUTION=29WATER_EFFECTS=4[sCENERY]DAWN_DUSK_SMOOTHING=1IMAGE_COMPLEXITY=5LENSFLARE=0MAX_ASYNC_BATCHING_JOBS=3SmallPartRejectRadius=4.0[FlightPlanMap]LineWidth=2SHOW_AIRPORTS=1SHOW_AIRSPACE=1SHOW_APPROACHES=1SHOW_DATATAGS=1SHOW_FLIGHTPLAN=1SHOW_INTERSECTIONS=1SHOW_JET=0SHOW_NDBS=1SHOW_TERRAIN=1SHOW_VICTOR=0SHOW_VORS=1SHOW_WEATHERSTATIONS=1SHOW_WEATHERSYSTEMS=1show_ac_twr=1show_airways=1show_markers=1show_volume_boundaries=1show_waypoints=1[stationMap]SHOW_AIRPORTS=0SHOW_VORS=0SHOW_NDBS=0SHOW_APPROACHES=0SHOW_INTERSECTIONS=0SHOW_VICTOR=0SHOW_JET=0SHOW_AIRSPACE=0SHOW_FLIGHTPLAN=1SHOW_WEATHERSTATIONS=1SHOW_WEATHERSYSTEMS=0SHOW_DATATAGS=1SHOW_TERRAIN=1[DISPLAY.Device.NVIDIA GeForce GTX 580.0]Mode=1920x1200x32AntiAlias=1Anisotropic=1[MULTIPLAYER]condAccoutPassword=0VoiceVolume=2.000000

Guest firehawk44

That's the problem. You have two different display devices showing. Have you tried renaming your fsx.cfg to fsx.old, restarting the sim, and letting FSX rebuild it? Then, take a look at the new config and see if it shows two different display devices? It looks like your fsx.cfg is corrupted. Best regards,Jim

Hi James, I was looking through your config file and noticed that your affinity mask setting is very odd. Then I looked at the header of the file and saw that you ran Bojote's tweaking tool for a 16 core processor with Hyperthreading turned off!! Doh.gif The affinity mask value you have would turn the first 13 cores off and turn the last 3 on...so essentially you've turned off all your cores. I know FSX will still use core 0, but I would think this setting would wreak havoc on your performance. I don't know your system specs or I could recommend an affinity mask value, but you can just re-run Bojote's tool being careful to put in the correct number of "physical" cores and you should get the right value. Try this and see. I'm thinking you may have re-run his tool after you put in the new card and that was when the typo occurred. I hope so, anyway, 'cause this would be an easy fix!smile.png --Don

Don Polidori

Guest firehawk44
Hi James, I was looking through your config file and noticed that your affinity mask setting is very odd. Then I looked at the header of the file and saw that you ran Bojote's tweaking tool for a 16 core processor with Hyperthreading turned off!! Doh.gif The affinity mask value you have would turn the first 13 cores off and turn the last 3 on...so essentially you've turned off all your cores. I know FSX will still use core 0, but I would think this setting would wreak havoc on your performance. I don't know your system specs or I could recommend an affinity mask value, but you can just re-run Bojote's tool being careful to put in the correct number of "physical" cores and you should get the right value. Try this and see. I'm thinking you may have re-run his tool after you put in the new card and that was when the typo occurred. I hope so, anyway, 'cause this would be an easy fix!smile.png --Don
Good info Don. See? There are experts who occasionally post on these forums! LOL! Best regards,Jim