Sign in to follow this  
ACA034137

Runway discrepancy

Hey all I was flying out of KTPA the other day. I forget which runway ATIS said was in use, but when I went to select in in my FMS, it wasn't listed. I've also noticed quite a few airports where the runway in FS versus the FMS is off by one (25L would be shown in FMS as 26L). Anybody know what the problem is?

Lots of the runways in FSX are " off "Some of the ILS frequencies too. Microsoft just never really finished the product. I hope MS Flight will be worth the wait.

Some runways, such as those at KTPA, have been renamed due to the magnetic pole moving. The runways at KTPA have been changed from 36 to 1 and 18 to 19.

I believe the problem is the FMS is updated to current real world airports and FS is behind in the times lol. For example in real life KIAD dulles recently built a new runway. SO now there is 1L, 1C, and 1R. This is shown in the FMS. however because the runway was not built when FS first came out it is not shown in FS but is shown in the FMS. I went through the same thing last night when I flew from ATL to MMUN.

Seems a shame that magnetic variation fix on the main forum page didn't correct this...