Sign in to follow this  
Artem Crum

LINDA for VRinsight MCP Combo 2

Ah, ok. blush.pngHave a look here: klick Can't say how long it would take for a release version, but everything is working, thanks to PMDG

Guenter Steiner
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Betatester for: A2A, LORBY, FSR-Pillow Tester
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Have some troubles to make the combo II work again. First I installed all drivers from VRinsight, to check if it is suitable for PMDG 737 NGX. Still no derivers for that. I de-installed all. Then re-installed latest version of LINDA and added as described your update.Log file goes like thisRestore finished!D:FSXSimObjectsAirplanesPMDG 737-800NGX WLB737-800WL.AIRAircraft="PMDG 737-800NGX PMDG House Winglets"System time = 21/12/2011 17:10:27, Simulator time = 12:52:32 (11:52Z)Starting everything now ...beginning "D:FSXModulesipcReady.lua"ended "D:FSXModulesipcReady.lua"[iNIT] Loading...Aircraft: PMDG 737-800NGX PMDG House WingletsAircraft module detected: PMDG 737NGXAivlaSoft library loaded...FSX standard library loaded...IAO library loaded...RealityXP library loaded...A2A MAP library loaded...DSP MODE toggle: 2[E] ---> ERROR:: Could not open MCP Combo port!Module: PMDG 737NGX Started...Ready to go, Captain! LVars watching list cleared... Offsets watching list cleared!Advanced Weather Interface EnabledBefore it was running it with LINDA and it was working ok... do not know what's wrong... any idea's?New motto... If its working OK do not touch it.....

[E] ---> ERROR:: Could not open MCP Combo port!
you have to make sure, that your combo and the setting for it in the FSUIPC.ini is for the right COM port.If you are not very experienced in this stuff, you can install the VRInsight software again, start it and look at which port your Combo is detected.Normally this should be COM3.This should be set then in LINDA, too ..In rare occasions (I had these myself) you have to unplug your combo into another COM port to get it well detected..

Guenter Steiner

Betatester for: A2A, LORBY, FSR-Pillow Tester

Gents,

The MCP Combo 2 unit sent to me by VRinsight has arrived. I will start to work on updated version of LINDA in a couple of days. The plan is first to release a compatibility patch without reworking the GUI just to allow LINDA to recognize new unit. The full update with dedicated GUI for MCP2 will be released later.

I suppose it will take about 2 weeks to update LINDA, because new unit has a totally new communication language. No major problems expected here, but it will take some time to make it work.

All updates on development process will be here in this thread.

Hi Linda-Team,

thank you very much for this incredible software for FSX and the VRi MCP Combo II.

However, I have a question (maybe this been answered elsewhere in the forum; however I have not seen it...): will the Airbus-style MCP Combo II be supported as well? Maybe in the future?

This would be very important for me and I think for all of the many many Wilco' Airbus Fans as well...

Thanks for a short info.

Regards,

Markus

EDDF