Sign in to follow this  
mcbellette

NGX Service Pack 1 - Where are we at?

Gotcha, Long shot but I have issues with FSDT addon scenery. Dissapearing textures which result in a CTD and at the end of the day its releated to my mobo. Wasnt sure if it might be somehow releated.. haha ThanksJR

I just yanked out all the FSDT scenery. I updated the DFW stuff and got a dll warning on start-up every time. Great scenery, tough to make it work. Love the park me feature at DFW too but, the PMDG NGX could not be identified. But I would agree, the activation has to be the #1 priority. Poor people can't even fly the dang plane.

It all must be very frustrating both for those with the CTD, freezes and especially the activation issues, but more so for PMDG not knowing completely how to solve them. Having a bug that effects everyone is easy to fix, like the key command that meant the nd didn't change properly. But having something that doesn't effect everyone is tough. Only issue I had outside the known program errors was random freezes, I had one after about 3 flights but hot fix 3 seems to have removed that along with fix many if the program errors, there still a couple of program errors there but easy ones for team to fix. Only thing on activation issue,when I first got it, I couldn't get t to accept my key first time round, so I did a copy and paste rather than typing it in( had to save it to txt file first as my fsx pc as no email or anything like that on it) and then it went in. I imagine PMDG have gotten those with issues to try that. But reverse of this I have had software before that needs a key that if you do copy paste it didn't work, and needed you to type it(in fact I think active sky was like this) issue comes when keys contain o and 0 or O and 0 in some fonts they all look the same so is it a zero or a letter O, my company don't allow activation keys with either in them to stop that issue.I think some CTD are memory related again before hotfix I had a couple of flights normally after some time( talking over 10 hours) where sim would Start showing black textures on the scenery followed by a CTD, not seen this issue since hf3. I seriously hope PMDG can get to the bottom of it all, and hope they given the activation company hell on what probably was expensive software not coming up to scratch. Really looking forward to seeing the 600and 700 especially for extra range of 700, and looking forward to new features in sp. But mst of all the sdk, it's the sdk that really going to open this sim up.

Hi Ryan! As a software developer, i know the frustration that you (and the team) may feel when you can't reproduce a bug. On my code, normally these little ######s that i can't reproduce are "Race" conditions between threads. Sometimes, even "Deadlocks" :S These problems are intermitent and V-E-R-Y hard to reproduce. From time to time, i put this as my avatar xD: it-works-award1.png Btw: Is the NGX using lots of threads at the same time on parts of the code, or everywhere?

Juan Ramos