Sign in to follow this  
VOZzer

Oh come on - 9FPS? FSX Performance Issues...

Okay. Start by removing the TH2Go unit and just using 1 display. Then add the TH2Go unit with 3. I think the out of range means the resolutions are out of range

I think the out of range means the resolutions are out of range
I think it means the Hz is out of range as he has set the similar resolution in fsx.cfg for the nvidia card.

Ryzen 5 1600x - 16GB DDR4 - RTX 3050 8GB - MSI Gaming Plus

I don't see how the frequency could just increase though

It changes when you choose different resolutions.

It changes when you choose different resolutions.
It shouldn't? The frequency should stay 60 (or whatever the monitor default is) no matter what

It shouldn't? The frequency should stay 60 (or whatever the monitor default is) no matter what
I doubt it Di, I just tried pulling my display above 1400x1050 and it went out but when I set the hz to 60-75 I can pull it above 1400x1050 , but you may know better.

The 285.0, 285.1 are simply the video card settings that FSX adds to the cfg file. They add a .0, .1, .2, etc as they go. It has no bearing at all on the number of monitors. The out of range error is related to resolution not frequency. *IF* the freq is changing by itself - you have a big problem. You can change the freq manually but changing the resolution should have NO effect on freq. If it does - you have a problem - either the video card or the monitor - most likely the monitor. VOZzer - if the TH2GO software is crashing on your system - you really need to step back a few paces and start fresh. Making slapdash changes as you go here will just result in your chasing your tail. From what is happening - you do NOT have a stable system - period. Back off the settings, drop down to 1 monitor and get it running smoothly - THEN and ONLY then - start adding back your hardware and upping your settings until you get what you want. The fact that your system or other systems like it have or do run just fine is of NO consequence - right now your system is on it's way to getting hosed. Back off and take it slow. Follow NGX's suggestions. Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

Right! All fixed. For some reason, the 3072x768x32 resolution just suddenly appeared inside of FSX's display menu, from where it must be set (setting it in the .cfg file didn't work). To make a point, frequency can cause out of range errors; as my monitors won't work unless the frequency is set to 59Hz in the nVidia control panel, not 60Hz, it's just the way it works. I'd have to disagree about an "unstable system". It was custom built by Wired2Fire (an excellent company), and has worked fine for years. It runs everything I have with 75+ FPS, with the obvious exception of FSX (which I have now improved by running the 2D panel, which IMHO I currently prefer). It is perfectly, perfectly stable. Unstable implies frequent crashes, constant overheating temperatures; the first of which ONLY happens in the Matrox software and FSX (the latter of which is now 100% fixed). The Matrox software is just generally unreliable. It refuses to detect certain monitors when plugged into the Th2G box, it "sets" resolutions which it doesn't actually set (ie 3072x768 is actually 3084x1024). The software just generally crashes when I work through the GUI, sort've like FSX's alt-menu bar crashes; sudden and random. Thanks for all your help everyone, especially the advice regarding AA settings. I can now run AA at 16X, with ENB Mod, full Anisotropic filtering, and dense/very dense in the autogen settings, and get around 50FPS with my new setup. Cheers, VOZzer

If you keep getting that out of range error, switch to a single screen windowed mode and then back to full-screen non-windowed, that always fixed the problem for me.

If you keep getting that out of range error, switch to a single screen windowed mode and then back to full-screen non-windowed, that always fixed the problem for me.
I think I tried this a few times, and it didn't seem to do anything (but all is fixed now so I can't really re-test).

1. For TH2G : if not already checked...
  2. Within fsx.cfg, in the [Display] section, locate the "WideViewAspect" parameter. (You can use the "Find" function in Notepad to make this easier).
  3. The default setting is "WideViewAspect=False." Change the line to read "WideViewAspect=True."
  4. Save your changes, and exit Notepad.

That's not necessarily going to make a difference? There's nothing wrong with running TH2Go, it's the setting up that wa causing him troubles earlier.

Out of interest, what does wideviewaspect ACTUALLY do? Cheers Jan.
Wideview is for a LCD/display with a widescreen.