Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

sparrowsX

Motor dies

Every time you have some weather when it´s rain some bit, cloudes, you can´t get over 5500, every time the engine dies, egt goes down. When you dive, it comes back. This happens even when you are not close to cloudes.I hate this, happend on the C340, too.

Hello,Im flyin fs now 15 Years and i know that:- ihave to lean- where the mixture lever isI'm flyin A2A Piston driven aircrafts, you bet i know what leaning is.In fact, the engine dies, you may move your mixture lever, this doesn't lead to anything positive. This happens when you see some grey clouds. Yes, icing conditions have to be respected, but with this behaviour, you may use this aircraft only in clear sky conditions on a summerday.

Guest bstolle

It might be the basic fuel injection / carb heat FSX bug. Try to use the carb heat by using the associated key. With many add-ons this cures the icing problem where there isn't one IRL.

But for what sake is the carb heat knob down on the right panelside? I used it with no success, ia this dummy and not connected to the fsx carb heat key?

Guest BeaverDriver

You have carb icing. I know, there is no carb on a 210. This is an FSX bug that for some reason, thinks there is a carb there. Press the "H" key and it will clear the engine. There obviously is no carb heat knob on the aircraft since it doesn't have a carb (FSX just thinks it does). There is no definite solution to this other than to hit the "H" key when you start losing power.

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.
  • Donation Goals

AVSIM's 2020 Fundraising Goal

Donate to our annual general fundraising goal. This donation keeps our doors open and providing you service 24 x 7 x 365. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. We reset this goal every new year for the following year's goal.

42%
    $10,690.00 of $25,000.00 Donate Now