Sign in to follow this  
JJJackson

A NEW subforum 737NGX chit-chat?

Hi guys. This thread is getting out of hand!!!! 90% of the postings are NOT related to support questions any more. It's very frustrating to have to scroll down 10 pages to find a support question that might help other users. Can the forum administrater PLEASE create a new subforum or something for poeple who want to talk about the 737NGX and DON'T have a support question. I did like the video from the Madeira landing, I understand you like to show your NGX screen shots but PLEASE could we keep this as a SUPOORT forum? Jackthen Swede in Spain

Hi guys. This thread is getting out of hand!!!! 90% of the postings are NOT related to support questions any more. It's very frustrating to have to scroll down 10 pages to find a support question that might help other users. Can the forum administrater PLEASE create a new subforum or something for poeple who want to talk about the 737NGX and DON'T have a support question. I did like the video from the Madeira landing, I understand you like to show your NGX screen shots but PLEASE could we keep this as a SUPOORT forum? Jackthen Swede in Spain
I suppose that's the difference between a "Product Support Forum" and a "Customer Forum." The strength of a customer forum (which is what this is) is that users can develop a sense of community and excitement about a product. Seemingly meaningless chit chat (like, "What Airport is Your NGX At?", my not so epic Smooth Moderator post, or the acclaimed "How Seriously do you take your NGX?" post, which evolved into a discussion about drinking while flying) help strengthen the bond between users so that NGX pilots want to come here to share experiences, be part of a growing community and, sometimes, ask for support. I'm not sure if you're new to flight simming, but that's what this community is all about. We love flying, and we'll find any reason (however silly) to talk to those who share our passion. If it's pure "get to the point sir/ma'am and fix this problem" support you want, go to: http://support.preci...in/Default.aspx. You can open a ticket without the hassle of chit chat. Trevor Moore

I suppose that's the difference between a "Product Support Forum" and a "Customer Forum." The strength of a customer forum (which is what this is) is that users can develop a sense of community and excitement about a product. Seemingly meaningless chit chat (like, "What Airport is Your NGX At?", my not so epic Smooth Moderator post, or the acclaimed "How Seriously do you take your NGX?" post, which evolved into a discussion about drinking while flying) help strengthen the bond between users so that NGX pilots want to come here to share experiences, be part of a growing community and, sometimes, ask for support. I'm not sure if you're new to flight simming, but that's what this community is all about. We love flying, and we'll find any reason (however silly) to talk to those who share our passion. If it's pure "get to the point sir/ma'am and fix this problem" support you want, go to: http://support.preci...in/Default.aspx. You can open a ticket without the hassle of chit chat. Trevor Moore
+1

Thats just the problem!!!! If you DON'T want to open a ticket, but find the solution in allready answered threds, it's annoying to have to search 10 pages with nonsens. IF we had a more "clean" support forum MAYBE PMDG would NOT get 100 support tickets for the same problem and they could maybe use the time for more important things. Can't see the problem to have a new subforum for people who like to use this forum as a sub FaceBook. Unfortunately I look upon this a little bit more seriously than a social problem. For those who have social problems there are lots of forums on the net.

The trouble is even though people come here to talk about NGX, there are so many self-appointed moderators here that wind up more casual simmers (who are also paying customers I might add) people like me then find it irresistible to take the p*** out of them. I think a 'general chat' option would be a good idea too. So +1 from me.