Sign in to follow this  
roy

PROBLEMS WITH LIGHTS IN VC AND RUNWAY

This is a known problem in fsx itself, at dawn or dusk aircraft lighting on ground is a limitation due to fsx.

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

oooh you are so wrong my friend, a simple experiment (i just tried it) Load your 737 ngx onto the active runway at dawn. Turn landing lights on, hopefully they will show on runway. Advance the sim time bit by bit until they dont show. Load your md11 onto the same runway and time. Turn on lights and hey presto, they do work. Now advance the time a further 40 minutes until its pretty well light, and still they show.................so its not a limitation of FSX and these people have noticed whats missing, as i did. But i thought it was just me. But still, Im sure these things will get sorted in time. What were the beta testers really doing? lol lol lloyd jones

oooh you are so wrong my friend, a simple experiment (i just tried it) Load your 737 ngx onto the active runway at dawn. Turn landing lights on, hopefully they will show on runway. Advance the sim time bit by bit until they dont show. Load your md11 onto the same runway and time. Turn on lights and hey presto, they do work. Now advance the time a further 40 minutes until its pretty well light, and still they show.................so its not a limitation of FSX and these people have noticed whats missing, as i did. But i thought it was just me. But still, Im sure these things will get sorted in time. What were the beta testers really doing? lol lol lloyd jones
Do you realize that the light of the MD11 are completely different from the one on the NGX, right?Now, if there is another add-on that have the light of the NGX and they do work as you say it should, than we can talk.

but does that mean its an fsx related problem? Get over that and then perhaps we could talk The fact that the md11 lights DO work at dawn means it aint a fsx problem. lloyd jones.

The light on the MD11 are an image, that shows up when you turn on the lights (landing lights), and as you can realize also the strobe lights on the MD11 do not illuminate the ground as it happens on the NGX. I think is an FSX limitation. If you know any other add-on that illuminate the ground on dusk/down that have the light of the NGX and not the lights of the MD11 then we will know if can be done on FSX.

I know, my friend I must say Im well impressed with the 737. I love watching real clips in the cockpit and comparing things to the pmdg cockpit. It looks to me that the only difference is that the real world airlines have better payware sceneries, lol. I notice you are argentinian, I must say i am so glad Wales recently beat you at rugby. And soooo sorry you lost to England. I thought you deserved better. All the best lloyd jones

Thanks Lloyd, Yeah, it's a shame we lost with England, but we don't have the players that we had before.

Guys, it's not a bug - there's a specific time threshold where the lights become visible. We had a ton of problems with them if they were set to work all the time during the day - it looked really fake because of the method used. I'll ask about adjusting the time somewhat so that they work during dusk/dawn. The "Landing lights illuminate the ground" option in FSX does absolutely nothing for the NGX btw - we don't use standard FSX landing lights, which is what that refers to. The MD-11 and 747 use the default lights, not 3D volumetric lights like the NGX.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Thanks for the explanation Ryan. Totally understandable. In fact, I believe that NGX lights, because they are so amazing, we miss when they are not there.

Best regards

Cristiano Mueller

Hey matias, I see you use a 580 GTX with 1.5 gb, would that make a reasonable improvement ovet my current 485 gtx? lloyd jones
Honestly, i can't tell you cause i change my whole rig. But i read it might be a good improvement for REX HD clouds and ORBX but not too much about FPS.

this limitation makes it difficult for me to taxi during dusk and dawn. its almost impossible to see the runway markings. Is it possible to make the FSX lights brighter ( the taxi way lights) im using latin VFR airports

thanks Mr Maziarz. I appreciate it but if that doesnt work out is there a way to increase the intensity of the FSX lights?