Sign in to follow this  
Gramps ZA

Freeze=Computer out of memory?

The dll.xml file is in the same folder your fsx.cfg file is in. Make a copy first, then edit the file On the entries of the DLL's you'll see a line <ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad> Just change it to True for each DLL you want FSX to give you an option to load on start of FSX <ManualLoad>True</ManualLoad> Note the PMDG DLL entries, do not have this entry, it is save to add it. Just place it under the line <Disabled>False</Disabled>
Holy moses This might be a solution. Did a flight that normaly gives me OOM in EGGP on extemely dense Autogen with no problems RAM max was about 2.4GB which is the highest a have seen in that area (OOM between 1.4 and 1.8GB) /Michael

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

The 3GB in boot.ini is that needed if i instead installed the 4gb patch ?
The 4GB patch is useless in FSX if you have the service packs installed.The 3GB in boot.ini is only useful for 32 bit operating systems

Can someone please write down the content of the dll.xml file (NGX related). I think I ruined mine Hypnotized.gif .Thanks

cheers,
NiIs U.

AMD 5800X3D | 32GB DDR4 RAM @ 3200MHz | RTX 4070 12GB @ 1920x1050px

Tweaking rule #1, always backup files before editing them. I'll see if I can PM you mine in a few hours. I have some scenery, but NGX is the only aircraft I bothered to reinstall.

Can someone please write down the content of the dll.xml file (NGX related). I think I ruined mine Hypnotized.gif .Thanks
It's actually better if you post yours, so we can try and see what's wrong as each users will be different, and probably not match yours!

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

Thanks for your offer, here's mine...

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="Windows-1252"?><SimBase.Document Type="Launch" version="1,0"><Descr>Launch</Descr><Filename>dll.xml</Filename><Disabled>False</Disabled><Launch.ManualLoad>False</Launch.ManualLoad><Launch.Addon>  <Name>FSUIPC 4</Name>  <Disabled>False</Disabled>  <Path>Modules\FSUIPC4.dll</Path></Launch.Addon>    	<Launch.Addon>            	<Name>PMDG HUD interface</Name>            	<Disabled>False</Disabled>            	<ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad>            	<Path>PMDG\DLLs\PMDG_HUD_interface.dll</Path>            	<DllStartName>module_init</DllStartName>            	<DllStopName>module_deinit</DllStopName>    	</Launch.Addon></SimBase.Document>

cheers,
NiIs U.

AMD 5800X3D | 32GB DDR4 RAM @ 3200MHz | RTX 4070 12GB @ 1920x1050px

Thanks for your offer, here's mine...
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="Windows-1252"?><SimBase.Document Type="Launch" version="1,0"><Descr>Launch</Descr><Filename>dll.xml</Filename><Disabled>False</Disabled><Launch.ManualLoad>False</Launch.ManualLoad><Launch.Addon>  <Name>FSUIPC 4</Name>  <Disabled>False</Disabled>  <Path>Modules\FSUIPC4.dll</Path></Launch.Addon>    	<Launch.Addon>            	<Name>PMDG HUD interface</Name>            	<Disabled>False</Disabled>            	<ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad>            	<Path>PMDG\DLLs\PMDG_HUD_interface.dll</Path>            	<DllStartName>module_init</DllStartName>            	<DllStopName>module_deinit</DllStopName>    	</Launch.Addon></SimBase.Document>

What makes you think there is a problem? Is the NGX, and FSUIPC your only addon DLL's, or did you delete, the others? The file as posted looks fine otherwise. If you deleted the others, you will have to replace the entries. Generally the format is the same, just point the Path to the folder the DLL is in. Else you can uninstall them and reinstall, which should restore the file.

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

I am to frustrated to carry on deleting this and that, and have now lost my realtek sound drivers ,which refuse to reload! I have even tried to restore etc but to no avail! I obviously don't know what I'm doing with dll's and switches. So I bought Windows 7-64bit today and sent my pc in to have it installed and my sound fixed. I will have to start over now and pray that all the comments regarding RAM are true and I will have no more ooms!