Sign in to follow this  
ruemenapp21

1st tiem panel freeze

This plane has been perfect up until now, for some reason on 2 attempts flying lax-ewr I have gotten a panel freeze.This happened both times during a step climb in different areas. Thats what I get for trying to conserve fuel. Also no control input what so ever. I should also note I did fly EWR-LAX w/ out an issue LAPTOPwindows 7 64intel pentium Pics6100Intel HD graphics250 GBHDLatest Hotfix

I "THINK" I just did also flying into KPDX. After I landed I had no engine thrust to taxi (although I could here the engines running) could not turn... couldnt do anything except for to say .... well damn... just damn, what a way to end a perfect flight. - Jim

Jim Wenham

Just had my DU freeze up on me during pre flight. Had to restart the sim. Martin Wilby

I "THINK" I just did also flying into KPDX. After I landed I had no engine thrust to taxi (although I could here the engines running) could not turn... couldnt do anything except for to say .... well damn... just damn, what a way to end a perfect flight. - Jim
That's happened to me twice. Once flying from DFW to IAH and once from MCO or FLL, both relativily short flights. All I could do was exit the flight and reboot FSX. Never could get the plane to unfreeze itself. On both occasions it happened right after or right as I was about to touch down. The funny thing is for me, it's only happened twice and I have flown those same routes many times since with no problems at all. In fact last night I flew KDFW to KIAH, then KIAH to KMEM, then KMEM to KATL, then KATL to KMCO, then KMCO to KFLL, the KFLL, to KATL, then KATL to KSDF, then KSDF to KDFW, all without rebooting FSX or anything and had no freezes or problems at all. I have flown probably close to 60 full flights in the NGX and only had the freeze issue happen twice so I can't pin it down to anything other than the fact that I was either touching down or had just touched down when it happened. Sean Campbell The funny thing is

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

When you get a panel freeze, try and cycle through your views - S S S S. It worked for me.

Regards,

Max    

(YSSY)

i7-12700K | Corsair PC4-28700 DDR4 32Gb | Gigabyte RTX4090 24Gb | Gigabyte Z690 AORUS ELITE DDR4 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

When you get a panel freeze, try and cycle through your views - S S S S. It worked for me.
Thanks for the idea Max, i'll give it a shot should it happen again. The two times it did happen I only went from VC to locked spot, full screen to windowed mode and back to full screen, but never tried cycling thru the views. Sean Campbell

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

That's happened to me twice. Once flying from DFW to IAH and once from MCO or FLL, both relativily short flights. All I could do was exit the flight and reboot FSX. Never could get the plane to unfreeze itself. On both occasions it happened right after or right as I was about to touch down. The funny thing is for me, it's only happened twice and I have flown those same routes many times since with no problems at all. In fact last night I flew KDFW to KIAH, then KIAH to KMEM, then KMEM to KATL, then KATL to KMCO, then KMCO to KFLL, the KFLL, to KATL, then KATL to KSDF, then KSDF to KDFW, all without rebooting FSX or anything and had no freezes or problems at all. I have flown probably close to 60 full flights in the NGX and only had the freeze issue happen twice so I can't pin it down to anything other than the fact that I was either touching down or had just touched down when it happened. Sean Campbell The funny thing is
Doing some flying are we? Off topic but I rode my motorcycle down to KATL today for some spotting and just as I pulled into my secret spot I was greeted with a Korean Air 747 landing right in front of my view. Its great to see that close up. - Jim

Jim Wenham