Sign in to follow this  
robert895

Installation problems with 737NGX

I have a Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 x64 system with 8GB RAM, FSX with SP2 and PMDG's 747-X. All working perfectly. Today (Sept. 5, 2011) I purchased the 737NGX. When I run the installer, I receive an error dialog box that I have an "outdated version of FSX" and need to install SP2. However, SP2 is already installed on my FSX system. When I load an aircraft (747-X) and bring up the help/about menu, it shows that SP2 is installed. If I run the SP2 installer, it tells me that SP2 is already installed. My computer is equipped with removable drives. I removed my Windows 7 ultimate drive and replaced it with my Windows XP SP3 system with FSX. I ran the PMDG 737NGX installer and the same error message appeared--out of date FSX system that needs SP2, but SP2 is already installed. Does anyone have a clue why this is happening? Both operating systems are fully up-to-date with service packs and subsequent patches. Thanks in advance! Robert

File a support ticket. "not funny" Do you think PMDG did this to a couple of people's installers for a laugh?

Like I said, file a support ticket to PMDG. You don't need to spam every single topic on installation issues saying you have the same problem.

Like I said, file a support ticket to PMDG. You don't need to spam every single topic on installation issues saying you have the same problem.
HelloYou are NOT a moderator around here, you do not even own the NGX by your own admission, although what was that copy on your laptop, pirated?. Oh and please sign your real namethanksGlyn

This could be a registry issue: that is the FSX directory or version has not been updated in the Windows Registry and the NGX installed is having a hard time figuring out what's actually installed...but that's odd that the SP2 installed can find it no problem. Anyways, give this a try and report back: http://www.flight1.com/view.asp?page=library - Download at try out the "FSX/FS9 Registry Repair Tool"

Hello Houghton11: Thanks for your help and link. Already tried that but it does not help. I have submitted a ticket to PMDG support and received an initial response to check the following:

• Up to date BIOS with clock setting in BIOS matching the clock setting in Windows 7
  • No "licensing service" running as a service
  • Double-checking again that FSX has SP2 installed by right-clicking on FSX.EXE and displaying the properties
  • Firewall issues

Tried them all, and still no luck. Tech support is aware as I wrote them a reply and waiting for a response. Robert

I have the same problem and will file a ticket. BIOS, SP2 status, firewall all ok.(Di Agron - not interested in your response to this email whatever you are, so save time and don't type.)

Created a ticket and received an updated file which works perfectly! Great support from PMDG - 1 day later this was resolved.

p2409a/PMDG Developers - I'm having the same installation issues and even submitted a ticket. However, none of the forum tips have worked and I haven't heard from any technical support regarding my ticket in over a week. Can you please send me the updated file. Thank you! I'm truly looking forward to flying this new add-on. Cheers

p2409a/PMDG Developers - I'm having the same installation issues and even submitted a ticket. However, none of the forum tips have worked and I haven't heard from any technical support regarding my ticket in over a week. Can you please send me the updated file. Thank you! I'm truly looking forward to flying this new add-on. Cheers
Unfortunately, I think it's a bit big to send to you. I believe the latest copy IS the new updated fixed one (it was exactly the same download address as from when I purchased it), so just download your original file from the link in your invoice again and it will be the new one. If you get stuck let me know.