Sign in to follow this  
Circletoland

NGX Engine failure and fire takeoff VIDEO

Berni - can I suggest that you have a think about some of your "Wish list" items and submit them in a ticket to PMDG so that they can be considered for the Service Packs.
Thank you for you interesting post! Seems, I learn the most, while publishing the videos! Concerning the wishlist, about 2 or 3 years ago, I sent PMDG an email, offering my help as a betatester or whatever.. no answer, after the launch of the NGX, I submitted a support ticket concerning the waypoint problems... never got an answer... So it seems to me, they are not interested.. nevermind, I like the NGX and if you like the videos I´m happy :) Cheers,Berni

What a Top notch, informative video !!! Berni, my hat is off to you im Not Worthy.gif , English is not even your first language, but yet you do an immaculate job with your commentaries. You may have omiteed the 7700 transponder code but, in Real Life, with two trained professionals on the flight deck, really important stuff has been overlooked and neglected before, (Take a look at some episodes of "Air Emergencies" and "Seconds from Disaster", you nitpickers out there !!) so, once again I Thank you for these wonderful Video gifts you give to the flightsim community, and I take my hat off to you im Not Worthy.gif .BTW, Mr. Bradbury, I mean no offence as I know you mean well and you are also a great source of learning for us all over the years, why... I would not have even known that in such an emergency, 7700 is the way to go, thank you for that info.Berni, keep up the Wonderful job and, I look forward to more of your friendly but yet professional approach in these videos. I would love to fly in a 737 anywhere with you, I Know I'll Be Safe Applause.gif GodfreyGcool.png

Thank you for you interesting post! Seems, I learn the most, while publishing the videos! Concerning the wishlist, about 2 or 3 years ago, I sent PMDG an email, offering my help as a betatester or whatever.. no answer, after the launch of the NGX, I submitted a support ticket concerning the waypoint problems... never got an answer... So it seems to me, they are not interested.. nevermind, I like the NGX and if you like the videos I´m happy :) Cheers,Berni
Berni, That's not true at all. You should have sent another email as we got closer to beta testing - we're just honestly not going to remember an email from the very start of the development process like that... I don't recall seeing a ticket like that on these issues after release either. Do you have the ticket number? Please send another one and address it to me please and I'll check out the items and enter it into our bug tracking system after the items are verified. By the way can you clarify what you think should be happening on the approach ref page with changing the VREF15 speed? One of our tech advisors just tried this in a level D sim right now and the LSK 1-4R V speed entries are not changeable - you have to enter the 15/172 into 5R, which is how it works in the NGX. I can't find anything in the manuals suggesting it should be possible to directly change the calculated VREFs either. If you've really got that feature at your airline it's definitely some sort of customized option they did to it.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Hello Ryan, sorry for this missunderstanding.. the support ticket number is 133-15E6BE16-BF39.. I just logged in to the support page and found the answer of Paul Gollnick. I just didn´t get an email, that there is an answer... maybe it was deleted by my spam filter.. hopefully not. And sure you get thousands of emails every day.. so maybe my offer 2-3 years ago didn´t reach the correct recipient.. Concerning the VREF That´s from our OM-B"...Double line selection of a displayed VREF speed, or manual entry of another value, causes the flap and vref speed to bee placed in 4R and causes Vref to be displayed on the airspeed display... Maybe that´s an company option.. In the video the selection of the 172 in 1R was fingertrouble.. I´m not really sure if it is possible to enter it here (I think it´s possible), but we can enter a changed speed in 4R. I will try this next monday on my next flight.. If you have some more thinks for me to test.. go ahead ;) Thanks for your reply Ryan! Greetings from Stuttgart,Berni

Berni What do you think you doing flying next Monday? You should be at home making more vidoes!!!! While we are on the subject of the FMC - Ive noticed that on reloading FSX my alternative page keeps storing old Alternatives, I delete them, yet next time I return to FSX I will find them back in there again. Its kept two old ones along with what ever my current one is - really dont think EGCC and EGHH are a suitable alternative to PHNL where Im enroute to now! Also Step climb FSBUILD suggested a step climb route of 350 then 370 - I put in 350 for my cruise in the FMC, and then in the CRZ page I have put in 370 as the step - Now due to my weight and fuel at present the CRZ page is showing opt as being 348 and MAX as 361 - its giving me a step point as being NOW - which obviously I cant do with a MAX level of 361 - Is this normal or a bug? Shouldnt it either give me a point to step to F370 when it thinks Ive burnt enough fuel to be light enough to reach F370 or an unable?

Hi Berni! Great vid, thanks! Just 2 questions:1. is Flaps 15 normal for taking off in EDDG? Me don't know, never been to Osnabrueck but I normally use Flaps 5 everywhere I go.2. I'd think you can "kill" that annoying sound with the HORN CUTOUT button on the throttle quadrant but I might be wrong on this, someone smarter I'm sure will be able to tell.Don't get me wrong, I'm just asking! :) RgdsGabor

Well... some will have a policy for standard takeoff flap setting 5, others won't. Many have a flap 1 policy if other factors are not limiting. Obviously, if performance calls for flap 15, you've gotta go for flap 15. As you'd usually go for the lowest possible setting, flaps 5 would obviously not have been sufficient for this particular situation. sig.gif

Hi Berni! Great vid, thanks! Just 2 questions:1. is Flaps 15 normal for taking off in EDDG? Me don't know, never been to Osnabrueck but I normally use Flaps 5 everywhere I go.2. I'd think you can "kill" that annoying sound with the HORN CUTOUT button on the throttle quadrant but I might be wrong on this, someone smarter I'm sure will be able to tell.Don't get me wrong, I'm just asking! :) RgdsGabor
Hi,Without to beat Berni with this answer, I remeber he said in the Video (or in one of his other Vids), that he is calculating the performance Data with Topcat. And when you put the Data of the payload, Fuel and Runway into Topcat, I am sure you will get the same results for Flap Setting and Trust.

No, I'm pretty sure he was calculating it using the real deal. Not sure how much the values would differ though. Nevertheless you are correct of course, this outputs flap setting if you wish, thrust setting and other things. sig.gif

Roger, that's why I've asked. Never bin to EDDG ergo never used TOPCAT there. It just seemed a little bit odd to me but thanks n e way! :)

By the way, Berni, I attempted the same scenario on a leg from OOMS-OMDB. Simulated a fire on the left engine after V1. Leveled off then performed the fire checklist. Successfully extinguished the fire and attempted no engine re-start. Upon final, the plane was obviously leaning and yawing to the left. Had to compensate with the right rudder and was landing in a crabbed configuration. Landed the plane quite hard but braking action was good. On your video, I noticed that your plane was flying quite straight then. Any good advice on a single engine landing?