Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

betelgeuse

Reinstalling default scenery

I am getting out of memory (OOM) errors in the French Riviera. I am running FS9 in XP with the following scenery installs for the region: France VFR Riviera, Mediterranean LC and WC and a bunch of other France VRF sceneries including autogen. I had these installed in the approved order.Ultimate Terrain Europe.FSG 19m mesh. I have systematically un-installed these one by one. The OOM errors have gone away but the scenery is now a complete mess with hills of water here and there near the coast, roads in the water, and waves running in umpteen diagonals near the shore. It seems my scenery un-installs have been incomplete. So now I have a choice. Either, I try to reinstall the default scenery for Europe and then install my payware and freeware sceneries afresh - I have 3 years worth of installs on board at present.orI make a new FS9 install in another partition under W7 and build up with the sceneries and aircraft I use most. I am not sure if it is possible to do a selective default scenery install for Europe. If it is possible I would prefer to do this initially at least. I'd be glad of advice. Thanks.

Joe, I did the Eurw scenery re-install. It improved things quite a lot but I am left with some odd glitches near Nice, France (LFMN). As far as I can see these are the only glitches remaining - I have slewed all along the Riviera. land tile 'Island' on the east approach to LFMN398446663.jpg Duplicate bridges to west of Nice airfield - these cannot both be default but I am at a loss to know where file containing the non-default bridge is hiding... 398446659.jpg and, finally a triangle of water where it ain't suppose to be! 398446661.jpg I suspect an incomplete un-install of some of my payware addons (see first posting). Any suggestions where to go from here? It would seem a pity to have to do a complete new install of FS2004 because of these small things. Living with them is not an option though because they tell me that something is 'not right'. In the end I would expect CTDs or OOM errors. Thanks again.

Those are all default "features", I found them too in my clean FS9 install. SBuilder could fix them all, though removing bridges is a bit tricky. regards,Joe

huh.png You mean you also have the rectangular island? Very strange. I have used SBuilder in the past so I might give that a try.