Sign in to follow this  

747-8F Delivery

And so is the 787, 25th of September i think. The 747-8 just came a bit late I think after the A380 but the 747-8F is sure to be a winner.

I wish the same could be said for the 747-8I. Only over a hundred firm orders last time I heard.

Kenny Lee
"Keep climbing"
pmdg_trijet.jpg

Yeah, IMO it is just so much more graceful in the skies than the A380. The long curving wings,ohmy.png , so nice!

Shouldn't Boeing have waited to come out with the -8 since the -400 line was discontinued in 2009? Given the number of -400s out there and some that aren't even 5 years old just doesn't make sense to me...

Edited by Kenny

Kenny Lee
"Keep climbing"
pmdg_trijet.jpg

The last Boeing 747-400F was delivered in 2009. However the eldest 747-400's, the ones Delta uses and others, were delivered in 1989, and are getting older. The Boeing 747-8 is much more efficient, its larger, has similar engines to the 787 and is a somewhat competitor to the A380. The Boeing 747-400 is an older design, in 1982, the 727-200 was still being built although its replacement the 757-200 had just come out. The oldest 747-400's are nearly 20 years old; for one, Cargolux's 747-400F's are around 15yrs, and with al the work they get, a replacment it needed. They don't bring out replacments for things based on the last delivery, based on the average age, and entry into service.

Inactive

Is everyone ignoring what I said about the cancellation, I didn't just put it there for fun.

The cancellation is sad and unfortunate for Boeing and the 747 line. But I'm sure that it won't hurt in the long run.

Kenny Lee
"Keep climbing"
pmdg_trijet.jpg

I'm confused, did Cargolux cancel as in it will not be getting the plane ever or just refuse delivery for next week and will work out a later date? Most news reports say 'refused delivery' and not much else. If I worked at Boeing I would be pretty ticked off by this considering all the setbacks Boeing has faced in the past 3 years...

The cancellation is sad and unfortunate for Boeing and the 747 line. But I'm sure that it won't hurt in the long run.
I's sure the pilots who were going to fly that bad boy home are really sad!