Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hirgab

Displays are black?

Now the NGX was working fine since I've first started flying it, but now whenever I turn the battery on, my displays are *completely black*. Not until I turn on the IRS do the displays show the right thing. Does anyone know what's causing this?

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

well just like a pc they take 90 seconds to "come up", its not instant.turn on the bat and stand by power and wait for 90 seconds. edit: u get a countdown on the ISFD.u need to also connect the ground power or turn on the apu for both to come up, other wise only the left side turns on.

Thanks. I'll give it a try. I don't remember having to wait 90 seconds in the past, but I may never have noticed.

Sorry was it more like 20 counts about 20-30 seconds with the green ribbon or there is something I am missing here?

Starting from cold and dark, after the 30 seconds needed by pmdg to load the simulation correctly, by turning on the battery and stby bus, the capt. displays will be powered (with high bright setting for them you will see that are a bit gray, not fully black. in this time the displays are powered but the "computer" that send signals to the screens must boot up and make its tests. it will do in some seconds.then they will come on. By adding AC power to the aircraft you will power also the other displays.