Sign in to follow this  
rocketfs

Service Pack better be good

Sounds good - most sources I have researched indica\te that 4.5 ought to be realistic with after market cooling - I hope I get a good chip !
Just for your info, as per my specs below, i am at 4.4Ghz good and stable with no BSODs since i overclocked. I did have it stable at 4.5, but for my own peace of mind i dropped to 4.4 and a manual Vcore of .28v. It runs nice and cool (idles in the 38C range and max at 52C in FSX).Havn't heard of too many people having problems getting to this Ghz level with a 2600k.

Rick Hobbs

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Just for your info, as per my specs below, i am at 4.4Ghz good and stable with no BSODs since i overclocked. I did have it stable at 4.5, but for my own peace of mind i dropped to 4.4 and a manual Vcore of .28v. It runs nice and cool (idles in the 38C range and max at 52C in FSX).Havn't heard of too many people having problems getting to this Ghz level with a 2600k.
Thats great news. can't wait to start the build. Is this air cooled? How is FSX running ?

Thats great news. can't wait to start the build. Is this air cooled? How is FSX running ?
Best rig i've built so far. My aftermarket cooler (Noctua NH-D14) is a big boy and you have to check your case will take it and that you can clear the ram you are using, but rated amungst the tops in air cooling. If you are looking at liquid cooling, i understand the Corsair models are realy good and easy to install. As for FSX, it is great considering it is not the best of sim platforms and believe it or not, i am running the 737NGX on my original install with no Hot Fixes watsoever, waiting for SP1.

Rick Hobbs

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Best rig i've built so far. My aftermarket cooler (Noctua NH-D14) is a big boy and you have to check your case will take it and that you can clear the ram you are using, but rated amungst the tops in air cooling. If you are looking at liquid cooling, i understand the Corsair models are realy good and easy to install. As for FSX, it is great considering it is not the best of sim platforms and believe it or not, i am running the 737NGX on my original install with no Hot Fixes watsoever, waiting for SP1.
Good choice on the Noctua cooler. Have one myself.For those out there considering the Noctua NH-D14, it is huge, like Rick said. However, it is designed such that you can alter the orientation of the mount in order to clear your RAM slots. You can also move the fans around. It's a real beauty.