Sign in to follow this  
cubs

FSX freezes "alt enter"

I have FSX installed on windows 7. It runs great but with alot of little issues that keep comming up each time I load FSX. The new one is that when I press "alt enter" to see the EZDOK studio, the computer freezes, and I have to force the log off. This has been going on for about a week now.Thanks for any input Doug M.

HiI've also got this issue that has suddenly started.seems i can Alt+Enter to maximise the screen,but if i try to minimise with Alt+Enter it locks up until i Press Cntl +Alt+Del to enter the task manager.i can then bring up the top bar to press fullscreen in the menu.I've got Ezdok running really well at the moment and don't want to uninstall it to see if that's the problem. steveConfused.gif

I used to have the same problems using the Alt key to go in or out of windowed mode. I started doing it using the drop down menu on the top of the screen to select from Full Screen or windowed and doing it via the menu gives me no problems at all.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

You can also hit Alt+Enter 3x. When you get the black screen hit Alt+Enter again to get windowed mode then hit it again ti ge fullscreen. Cheersjja

Jim Allen
support@skypilot.biz
SkyPilot Software home of FSXAssist / P3DAssist

LionheartVictoryBanner02s-369x97.png

I have tried " alt enter" also using the task bar and it freezes. I have tried removing FSUIPC and fsx freezes. I have tried "alt enter"3x, and it freezes, fsx runs flawlessly with great frames, no crashes, but I can not see the EZDOK studio unless I can get windowed mode. I can not get into windowed mode. I was able to a few days ago. I am running windows 7, 64 bit Doug

I began to get that when I installed Cushman Meadows from FTX, but it would only happen when I was also running VAFS which is my VA's ACARS which is a Microsoft .NET Framework application. The only way I could make it go away was to disable the peopleflow at Cushman.

Lose not thine airspeed, lest the ground rise up and smite thee.

Guest firehawk44

What does the Event Viewer state when you get these freezes? I think you have a memory issue, perhaps a memory leak or a memory exception. Are you overclocked? Best regards,Jim

My computer: intel® core2 quad CPU Q9450 @ 2.66GHZ 2.67GHZ RAM 4.00 GB 64 bit OS. Nvidea 9800.I do not get an event viewer,is this a window that pops up? and my computer is not overclocked. Its amazing how many issues are caused by changing an OS.by the time I figure out all of them, I will need a new computer thank you for your help regards Doug

Guest firehawk44
My computer: intel® core™2 quad CPU Q9450 @ 2.66GHZ 2.67GHZ RAM 4.00 GB 64 bit OS. Nvidea 9800.I do not get an event viewer,is this a window that pops up? and my computer is not overclocked. Its amazing how many issues are caused by changing an OS.by the time I figure out all of them, I will need a new computer thank you for your help regards Doug
Click on the windows start button and, in the search, type event viewer. Look up and you should see Event Viewer in the Menu. Click on it and go to Custom Views>Administrative Events. On the date and time of your freeze, it will show you the "event" and give you more info. Best regards,Jim

Wow,I do have issues to take care of, thanks for the info! regards, Doug